Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whens the 1st grant installment date?

Options
  • 09-09-2010 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I've gotten the Higher Education grant last year for the first time and by the time i was confirmed that i was accepted the first installment wasnt out till the end of october due to backlog in applications (it was a nightmare!) etc. but now that i'm already on the scheme and dont have to apply this year i was wondering does my first installment come out earlier. (i rang my county co and some woman said bluntly mid sept.. but knowing them....) if anybody else who's continuing on with their education and was accepted for the grant last year can shed some light on this for me i would really appreciate it! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,041 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

leeesa wrote: »
    I've gotten the Higher Education grant last year for the first time and by the time i was confirmed that i was accepted the first installment wasnt out till the end of october due to backlog in applications (it was a nightmare!) etc. but now that i'm already on the scheme and dont have to apply this year i was wondering does my first installment come out earlier. (i rang my county co and some woman said bluntly mid sept.. but knowing them....) if anybody else who's continuing on with their education and was accepted for the grant last year can shed some light on this for me i would really appreciate it! :D

I would expect the same as last year to be honest - they're still busy and probably even busier than last year

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Xxminkey09xx

i have been granted back to education allowance but i a not getting paid in the bank im gettin paid in the post ofice does anyone know what day i would be able to collect that?? thanks xxx :D

i have been granted back to education allowance but i a not getting paid in the bank im gettin paid in the post ofice does anyone know what day i would be able to collect that?? thanks xxx :D
    ask the social welfare office

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I got an email from SDCC which said the first payment will be paid into my account at the end of next week. It was the end of October last year.

I got an email from SDCC which said the first payment will be paid into my account at the end of next week. It was the end of October last year.

Thats SDCC - every council in the country pays at different dates

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Just to let you know, got an email from Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council who say that the first payment went through to finance last week and that I should receive an email with details of payment soon..

They seem to be a little more on top of things this year

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sm124

cork county council in my bank account as of midnight!!In my 4 years in college earliest I have ever gotten it yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I am with Co. Limerick VEC but its the City VEC that pay me and I was told that it would be the 15th of October - but won't believe it until I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 imissmyboo

angeleyes wrote: »
    I am with Co. Limerick VEC but its the City VEC that pay me and I was told that it would be the 15th of October - but won't believe it until I see it.
    Hi, are u in 1st year and did they send you a letter telling you :)

imissmyboo wrote: »
    Hi, are u in 1st year and did they send you a letter telling you :)

Hi imissmyboo

no am a second year at LCFE. I rang the County VEC on Friday last and they told me ring the City one as I am going to a city educational facility and they told me that the money would be in my account for the 15th. It would be great it if happens but am not holding my breath either! We will just have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Did anyone here anything from Dublin City County Council yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I rang them maybe a month ago and they said that the first installment payments will be staggered.
    So basically it will depend on how early your application was in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I am SDCC and i got my email today so should be a day or two before it hits my account

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭a1000pigeons

Kilkenny county council anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Received first BTEA installment into bank account today (Northside Dublin). Does anybody know when the 500e payment comes or has anybody received it?

VEC or college did not give me a bank mandate form so my payment has been delayed. I am so so so fecking annoyed - college blaming VEC and vice versa but the upshot is I am without funds for this month. When I rang the VEC and I was very polite the supervisor hung up on me. They have no respect or sympathy for students - they are never wrong! Hate the VEC! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I'm Kerry Co Co and from what I've seen they are the most efficient of the lot regarding grants. I applied the wednes/thur before the august bank holiday and was renewed by the tues after the bank holiday. You can imagine my surprise at that speedy response especially when I changed from undergrad to postgrad and changed university as well.

Anyways they always pay relatively early as well so was annoyed when I went to check if it was in the registry last week and they told me no. Emailed Kerry co co this afternoon asking when they would be available and they said 1st installments were sent out to DCU last monday (4th Oct) so going to pop in again tomorrow and see what they say. Speedy email response too.

Now if only I could get them to pay it directly into my account...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Katie Kaboom

I will be getting the grant from VEC this month, I gave them my bank acc details but the college says that because I'm a mature student I will get it by cheque... which will take 5 days to clear!! I don't understand why I have to get the grant by cheque just because I'm a mature student. has anyone been able to get around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dee_f

Every council and vec is different - but i found this thru intensive googling and it lists when the cheques have come in
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/maintenance_cheques.htm

its very handy - my cheque hasnt come in yet- but they seem to update it daily - so it might help

:)

Advertisement