Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deborah Anapol comes to Ireland in October

Options
  • 09-09-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Deborah Anapol is coming to Ireland for one two-day experiential workshop entitled Love Without Limits: A New Paradigm for Love. The workshop takes place Saturday and Sunday, October 2nd-3rd in Dublin.

Dr. Anapol is known is the 'mother of the modern polyamory movement'. She is a world-renowned relationship expert, author, healer, and teacher. Join Dr. Anapol as she guides us through two days of exploration into Love, Relationships, and Transformation. Her new book, Polyamory in the 21st Century as just been published.

To register or for further information contact Randy at:

LoveWithoutLimitsIreland@runbox.com

See below for more on the workshop and a link to the flyer.

- Randy

p.s. you can keep up to date with Deborah and Irish Polyamory via these links:

Deborah Anapol's blog on Psychology Today:
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/love-without-limits

Deborah's personal website:
    http://www.lovewithoutlimits.com/

Dublin Polyamory Discussion Group:
    http://www.meetup.com/Polyamory-Ireland/

Polyamory Ireland on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=91242640003

Her new book, Polyamory in the 21st Century is available now on Amazon (from the States - to be published in the UK in late October):
    http://tinyurl.com/3a9wlzp

Polyamory in the 21st Century on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/Polyamoryinthe21stCentury

Love Without Limits: A New Paradigm for Love

a two-day experiential weekend with Deborah Anapol

October 2nd & 3rd, 2010 - Dublin

FIRST TIME IN IRELAND!

Everyone wants to love and be loved but few know how to do either successfully.

During this exciting weekend, you will learn how to:

* Love more and fear less, naturally
    * Release judgement and blame
    * Experience joy through the joy of others
    * Communicate and negotiate with partners
    * Transform jealousy
    * Release beliefs that no longer serve you

EXPERIENCE COMPASSION AND FORGIVENESS IN YOUR RELATIONSHIPS.

You'll also discover:

* Principles common to all loving relationships
    * That more honesty leads to more love
    * The importance of conscious relating
    * The power of letting go and saying 'yes'.

Dr. Anapol distills complex truths about love down to basic essentials and reminds us that love is not just a good idea, it's the way the world works.

This workshop is for:

* People who want to create more love, more intimacy, and more sexuality in their lives.
    * Everyone, whether in a relationship or not. Individuals, couples, intimate groups are all welcome.

This workshop honours all forms of loving relationships.

CREATE WHAT YOUR HEART WANTS TO CREATE, NOT WHAT OTHERS SAY YOU SHOULD.

Registrations are now being accepted for this unforgettable event. Advance registration only, no walk-in admission. Workshop space is strictly limited. Early registration recommended to avoid disappointment. The price is €180 per person or €160 per person if attending as a couple or intimate group registering together. A non-refundable deposit of €50 is required to secure a place. A limited number of low income/student places are available. Please inquire if you are unable to pay the full amount but still wish to attend.

To register or for further information contact Randy at:

LoveWithoutLimitsIreland@runbox.com

ABOUT THE PRESENTER:

Dr. Deborah Anapol is the highly respected author of several books including: Polyamory: The New Love Without Limits, Compersion, and, The Seven Natural Laws of Love. Her latest book, Polyamory in the 21st Century, has just been published in the USA (UK release is scheduled for October 2010). She founded the Sacred Space Institute (formerly IntiNet Resource Center and The Abundant Love Institute), a national organization dedicated to reintegrating sexuality into spirituality and health care and expanding the boundaries of the family. She is also the co-founder of Loving More Magazine and producer of the Pelvic Heart Integration video.

She holds a PhD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Washington and has been working with individuals, partners, families, and groups exploring conscious relating, sexual healing, and new-paradigm relationships for over 30 years. She regularly appears on television, radio, the Internet, and presents at workshops, private retreats, seminars, conferences, and public speaking engagements worldwide. She has recently been asked to write a column on the subject of polyamory for Psychology Today.

An inspiring and dynamic speaker, Dr. Anapol lives and works on her permaculture style farm in Hawaii. She is known as the 'mother of the modern polyamory movement' and we are thrilled to have Deborah in Ireland for the very first time!

Dr. Anapol will be available on a very limited basis in the days following her Dublin workshop for personal coaching - individually, in couples or in groups.

Download the workshop flyer here:

http://tinyurl.com/34urg8m

ABOUT THE PRESENTER:

Dr. Deborah Anapol is the highly respected author of several books including: Polyamory: The New Love Without Limits, Compersion, and, The Seven Natural Laws of Love. Her latest book, Polyamory in the 21st Century, has just been published in the USA (UK release is scheduled for October 2010). She founded the Sacred Space Institute (formerly IntiNet Resource Center and The Abundant Love Institute), a national organization dedicated to reintegrating sexuality into spirituality and health care and expanding the boundaries of the family. She is also the co-founder of Loving More Magazine and producer of the Pelvic Heart Integration video.

She holds a PhD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Washington and has been working with individuals, partners, families, and groups exploring conscious relating, sexual healing, and new- paradigm relationships for over 30 years. She regularly appears on television, radio, the Internet, and presents at workshops, private retreats, seminars, conferences, and public speaking engagements worldwide. She has recently been asked to write a column on the subject of polyamory for Psychology Today.

An inspiring and dynamic speaker, Dr. Anapol lives and works on her permaculture style farm in Hawaii. She is known as the 'mother of the modern polyamory movement' and we are thrilled to have Deborah in Ireland for the very first time!

Dr. Anapol will be available on a very limited basis in the days following her Dublin workshop for personal coaching - individually, in couples or in groups.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dreambiz

In case anyone was wondering, this message was posted with the express permission of the forum moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It was, and if anyone wants to question it they can pm me.

I am glad to see events like this happening and poly people coming out of the closet as it were. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What's it got to do with Paganism OP?

Genuine question - I see a brief mention of spirituality, but there is nothing in what I've read here to suggest this should be of interest to me as a pagan, have I missed something? It seems like a very interesting event though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyamory#Terminology
    Polyamory is a hybrid word: poly is Greek for many (or multiple) and amor is Latin for love. Morning Glory Zell-Ravenheart's article "A Bouquet of Lovers" (Spring 1990) is widely cited as its source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_Glory_Zell-Ravenheart
    Morning Glory Zell-Ravenheart (born Diana Moore, formerly Morning Glory Zell) is a Neopagan poet, author, lecturer, and priestess. She is of Irish and Choctaw Indian ancestry.

Morning Glory began her involvement with neo-paganism in 1968, becoming an eclectic priestess of Shamanism. In 1969, she gave birth to a daughter, Gail, and pursued a full-time career as a writer and a mother. She traveled to Minneapolis for the Gnostica Aquarian Convention in 1973, where she met Oberon Zell-Ravenheart (then Tim Zell). She moved to St. Louis to study theology with the Church of All Worlds, where she was ordained as a Priestess a year later. She and Oberon were married in 1974. She has written, lectured and taught intermittently, co-editing Green Egg Magazine from 1973-75. Her primary focus for eight years (1977-85) was on the establishment of a wilderness retreat center dedicated to Holy Mother Earth.

Since then Zell-Ravenheart has facilitated workshops at many events and festivals over the years, such as science fiction conventions, renaissance fairs, and Pagan and interfaith religious festivals. She co-founded the Ecosophical Research Association in 1984, an organization that explores the truth behind myths.

Oberon and Morning Glory Zell-Ravenheart have appeared at over 20 Starwood Festivals (and a few WinterStar Symposiums) over the past 25 years; because of this, there has been a Church of All Worlds presence at Starwood, called the CAWmunity, for over a decade[1]. Drw

I know quite a few people who are Poly and the majority of them would be pagan.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dreambiz

In my experience, most of the pagan community that I have met (both here and in the States) are non-monogamous/polyamorous. I suspect it's because nature is polyamorous. There's a new book entitled Sex at Dawn which discusses this a bit. Nature is plural and intermingling all the time. Polyamory is a common theme in many pagan writings. The below is by Starhawk from The Fifth Sacred Thing:

My love, you are a river fed by many streams.

I bless all who have shaped you,
    The lovers whose delights still dance patterns on your back,
    Those who carved your channels deeper, broader, wider,
    Whitewater and backwater lovers,
    Swamp lovers , sun-warmed estuary lovers,
    Lovers with surface tension,
    Lovers like boulders,
    Like ice forming and breaking,
    Lovers that fill and spill with the tides.
    I bless those who have taught you and those who have pleased you and
    those who have hurt you.

All those who have made you who you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Abhainn-Rivers

Okay I felt lazy for using the thanks-function... but have a felt lazy for sitting on my todd all day? Nope...

Anyway, I would think that the subject of the prevailing polyamory within the neopagan movement could be a very interesting topic in and off itself? I'm going through a right subversive phase right now where I want to challenge concepts around "taboo sexuality in the Craft" and paganism by extension...

If you want to kick off a new thread with the topic of "I want to challenge concepts around "taboo sexuality in the Craft" and paganism by extension" feel free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭TheBardWest

Dreambiz wrote: »
    I suspect it's because nature is polyamorous.

*Much* of nature is polyamorous. Except the parts that aren't. (see: animals which mate for life, asexual organisms, etc. Just want to make sure that statement is qualified appropriately, because what is typically understood as polyamory is consensual non-monogamy - particularly in intimate and sexual relationships. To me, polyamory carries a very different connotation than 'being in love with all aspects of nature' or even 'animals which naturally have more than one mate'...

Starhawk's poem is beautiful - I've never read it before. But I wouldn't have interpreted it as being about polyamory myself - rather about loving all of the aspects and history of the beloved. I'm reminded of a lot of Rumi's poetry, for example.

Indeed - I think this is a useful topic to be split off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I still don't see what this has to do with paganism though.

Just because the poly people you know happen to be pagan, doesn't make this a topic for discussion on a paganism forum. Most of the pagan people I know happen to be computer programmers or at the very least extremely knowledgeable about IT, does that mean I should post about an upcoming software engineering conference?

Why am I concerned? I guess I hate stereotyping. My interests lie in a lot of sub-cultures such as computing, gaming, metal, paganism, etc and if ever I mention I'm a pagan, there follow assumptions of me being some sort of hippy vegan type. I am far from a hippy and salad is what food eats as far as I'm concerned but now I have to try and explain that I'm not some sort of perverted swinger (as I'd be stunned if more than 10% of the Irish populace actually knew what polyamorism is) because even the people in my own sub-culture believe this to be the case?

So I take some exception to this (amongst other) label(s) being applied. Pagan's in my experience are smart people who have grown up questioning the world around them, so it's not strange for me to see that if you meet a pagan, there's a good chance they've an interest in a wide variety of things. However, I would never presume to think that they're any of these things unless they say so.

Well TheBardWest and Abhainn-Rivers I look forward to reading and taking part in your threads, figure you are both big enough to manage to start them yourselves :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement