Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Achievements query

Options
  • 09-09-2010 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭

Just a few questions which some here may be able to answer.

What exactly is a melee game?

Also why did i not get achievement for something. Ie: had my expansion up in a 1v1 league game within 2minutes 30 seconds but didnt get the expansion achievement which says you have to have it up within 225 seconds (Bit under 4 minutes).

Is there an issue or am i doing something wrong? It's bloody annoying when you play a 1v1 with the intent of going for an achievement which in turn puts you at a major disadvantage when they come a calling with troops. I expected to lose but i'd at least figure that i'd have gotten the achievement!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

A melee game I understand is just a standard quick match online.

One thing that will solve your problem permanently is to not give a sh/t about achievements. Some of them are just retarded. Beat 1000 insane computers? No thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Don't want to get all of them, ie the "farm" ones but the rest i'd like to try to get.

Brings a bit of a change to the usual game after game after game, trying different things etc.

Just got the factory speed build one so don't understand why i didn't get the command centre one, ah sure will try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

If your playing against the AI in single player mode you wont get them, but you can get them if your playing AI in custom game.

You also wont get any achievements if your offline from bnet when the criteria are met

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Alright thanks dustaz

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

I'm in a similar situation.

I got the factory built in under 270 seconds in an online quick match but no achievement.

Last night I played a FFA with 7 Hard AI, won it and no achievement.

At no point due B.Net cut out as that has happened before to me and a notification came up telling achievements were disabled.

My quick match was just that, not custom or a ladder match. (Still working through my 50 novice matches)

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Dacian wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation.

I got the factory built in under 270 seconds in an online quick match but no achievement.

Last night I played a FFA with 7 Hard AI, won it and no achievement.

At no point due B.Net cut out as that has happened before to me and a notification came up telling achievements were disabled.

My quick match was just that, not custom or a ladder match. (Still working through my 50 novice matches)

Any ideas?

There was a brief period that achievements were disabled. I can't remember why. I think it was around the time patch 1.1 came out. So considering that notification came up... thats why!

On another note, what are these 50 novice matches you are talking about? I hear a lot of people mention them. I only had to do 5 placement matches

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when you first start out you're giving the option to do 50 games before you start your placements, they're only against other people doing their novice games (i think) and they are played at normal speed instead of faster like ladder matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

when you first start out you're giving the option to do 50 games before you start your placements, they're only against other people doing their novice games (i think) and they are played at normal speed instead of faster like ladder matches.
    Thats the ones. Only 26 left for me. I using them to train my hands, at the lower speed you can practise. Have to admit the faster settings are a struggle for me, must be getting old, or else 20 years of drink has ruined my reactions.......
    Grimebox wrote: »
    There was a brief period that achievements were disabled. I can't remember why. I think it was around the time patch 1.1 came out. So considering that notification came up... thats why
    In actual fact the notification came as I was playing the final campaign game (to get an achievement I missed the 1st time) 5-10 mins later another note popped up to tell me connection and achievements has resumed.

I had intermittant connection for 2 weeks recently. Thanks Eircom!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i played alot of practice games too before doing my placement cos i was afraid of the faster speed :) but once you start playing the faster speed only, and ignore the normal.. you just get used to it so fast

when you're going faster, to normal, to faster, to normal.. it would probably just be confusing. best to jump in with both feet

Advertisement