Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd Arts English

Options
  • 09-09-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm majoring in English and was looking at the registration today. Last year I took 4 modules and took 2 seminars to make up the 40 credits.

In this years registration I noticed that we have to select our seminar codes also. EN3006, EN3007 and EN3008 are all available but are only worth 10 credits each. EN3009 is the one worth 20 credits according to the book of modules but this one is not there! Wondering what to do, should I select two of the others to make up for it?

Super grateful for any fast replies as I think I have to register today or tomorrow!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Stephen_89

pxcv wrote: »
    I'm majoring in English and was looking at the registration today. Last year I took 4 modules and took 2 seminars to make up the 40 credits.

In this years registration I noticed that we have to select our seminar codes also. EN3006, EN3007 and EN3008 are all available but are only worth 10 credits each. EN3009 is the one worth 20 credits according to the book of modules but this one is not there! Wondering what to do, should I select two of the others to make up for it?

Super grateful for any fast replies as I think I have to register today or tomorrow!

Hi there, I am in final arts too, doing a single english. this is an extract from the module list that the eng dept sent to me on the Major 40creds. you only take one seminar it seems. along with 3 lectures in each term, so 10 + 15 + 15 = your 40 creds.
    hope that helps.
    Major (40-credit Subject)
    • Students take 40 credits as follows:
      EN3006 or EN3007 or EN3008 (10 credits) plus three modules (15 credits) from Teaching Period 1 and three modules (15 credits) from Teaching Period 2.
    · Students must include in their selection at least one lecture or seminar course from the range of Old English, Middle English and Renaissance courses. (These are designated with the letters OMR on departmental course lists.)
    • Students may substitute one module from Teaching Period 1 with one module from LL3001, LL3002.

Advertisement