Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preschool activities for children with physical disabilities

Options
  • 09-09-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

"Accept children with physical disabilities. Understand their limitations and degree of disabilities and provide them with learning opportunities to maximize their mobility and develop their intellectual and social potential;"

i've highlighted a section above, I would just like to know if anyone can help me come up with ideas for activities appropriate for preschool children who have physical disabilities?

Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Milesandmiles

Are you looking at games specifcally catering for physically challenged children or are you looking for activities where you integrate physical disabled children with non disabled children?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

I would suggest you visit your local special needs school or preschool for ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

To be honest any child, with any disability can be involved in any activity. You just need to alter and adapt the rules, equipment, environment and time given to the individual children. What type of ideas are you looking for? P.E., art, music, games? You may need to be more specific.

Advertisement