Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HB Ice Cream!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Golly Bar......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Them posters bring back a lot of memories. Think i had every ice cream that's on them at some stage. Favourites would be the Golly Bar,Shuttle and Fat Frog.

Nice find.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Haha, I would spend ages looking at that list as a kid but would always end up getting a Sparkle or a Fat Frog because it was all i could afford :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

-Granda do you wanna go and get some ice cream?
    -Ah sure you'll be quicker on your own son :)

Iceberger - 30p

Iceberger - 2nd poster - 45p

Iceberger - now - €1.20!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I'd kill for a freeky foot.

KILL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Maxi Twists!! Haven't had one in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Chilly Willys ha ha....reminds me of that cold winter of 2009! They haven't changed much really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 s_upergirl

Ah man - brings back so many memories!!
    Loved the Sky bar for a treat - but also freaky foot, fat frog, Loop the Loop & Brunch!!:D
    Me and my sis used the iceberger and break it up in a bowl and mis it all up to make this amazing creation - which was basically a squashed iceberger LOL:P

Couldn't beat a sparkler when you only had 10p either!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭littlecat

Do you remember Scribblers? Pencil shaped, yellow tip, red centre and blue at the bottom.

Loved pear, pineapple and lemon and lime Sparkles, and had totally forgotten the Chilly Willy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Wibbly Wobbly Wonders :pac:.

The yellow jelly bit had a very peculiar texture and taste.

Count Draculas were a bit similar, but a lot nicer.

Dracula+lolly+wrapper+front.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

Sids Not wrote: »
    Golly Bar......:D

Whatever happened to them? It's not like they called them golly wog bars ffs, get rid of the black dude on the wrapper and call them ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I loved the bonanzas only got them rarely but they were delicious

It was mainly sparkles I got though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Fat Frogs and Freaky Foot's were my favourites!
    I must have had (literally) thousands of sparkles as a child though- I remember them being 10p and therefore I usually had enough left from my pocket money to get them. The orange ones were my definite favourite :)

EDIT: I forgot Tangle Twisters and Loop the Loops, loved them too. Whenever I think of my childhood it's always sunny and I always seem to be eating an ice pop. Good days. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The opera singer on the ad for Cornetto. :) "Just one Cornetto, giiiiiivee it to meeeeeeeeee.."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I've now got the song for "Fat Frog" running in my head. When "Freaky Foots" first came out they were called "Funny Feet" and the ad had a kid reciting a rhyme about them....

" I made them laugh at school today, 'cos I've got Funny Feet..."

Any one else old enough to remeber that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Golly Bars were over the top sweet in taste, for some reason I never liked them, it didn't taste the same as normal icecream....My uncle use to always bring me to the newsagent when he was up at the house and buy me one. Looking at the wrapper they use to come in it's hard to believe they use to sell them lol, today you would be hung for selling that in a shop!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I've now got the song for "Fat Frog" running in my head. When "Freaky Foots" first came out they were called "Funny Feet" and the ad had a kid reciting a rhyme about them....

" I made them laugh at school today, 'cos I've got Funny Feet..."

Any one else old enough to remeber that?

yep - I remember Funny Feet, they were pink, strawberry flavoured - the Freaky Foot wasnt as nice at all!!!!! Didnt like the stripy syrupy stuff!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"I made 'em laufgh at school today
    'cos I've got "funny feet"
    Not feet that run or jump or hop
    but starwberry feet you eat

They're strawberry flavoured ice-cream
    That's nice to bite and lick
    I like to tickle them with my tounge
    all the way down the stick :eek:

If you want to get these feet yourself
    you get them from HB
    but you'll have to ask for "Funny Feet"
    Or they'll think your daft, you see?"

How sad am I?
    Answers on a postcard.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Ruu wrote: »
    The opera singer on the ad for Cornetto. :) "Just one Cornetto, giiiiiivee it to meeeeeeeeee.."

I loved that ad still sing it sometimes :) I remember being in the zoo a few years ago and a man was buying ice cream from a stand near the sea lions and he was singing that song at the top of his voice :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 luke101

Is this the boy from the funny feet ad, i;ed say released around 1981 i'ed say! 4484289215a12752116401l.jpg

Here Are more Nostalgic HB Stuff!
    HB ice cream
    4484289215a12633587796l.jpg
    4484289215a12674909483l.jpg
    4484289215a12674909556l.jpg
    4484289215a12674909572l.jpg
    4484289215a12674909582l.jpg
    4484289215a12674909606l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

You can't beat a HB Feast! :)

I remember this HB ad and it always reminds me of Sundays and Glenroe for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

You can't beat a HB Feast! :)

I remember this HB ad and it always reminds me of Sundays and Glenroe for some reason.

Heh. That appears to be the "new" version of that ad!

When I saw this thread I decided I'd post this one....

.... I remember thinking at the time that "Rathfarnham" must have been some magical place like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

bonerm wrote: »
    Heh. That appears to be the "new" version of that ad!

When I saw this thread I decided I'd post this one....

.... I remember thinking at the time that "Rathfarnham" must have been some magical place like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

I wonder what year the first one is from? I remember it as a kid. The 2nd one is from around 1990(the car in the background has an '89 reg:D),the first must be early 80's i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I still adore Feasts (the original one) but never think of getting one on a hot day I would love one right now. I have to walk the dog in awhile so I might pop into the shop and get one *lum* :P

Advertisement