Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange things you put on a sandwhich/bread roll

Options
  • 08-09-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

so there i was slightly hungry, had a baguette sitting there with pretty much noting to put on it so i improvised :D
    put some butter on,some cheese and a packet of quavers.it was actually tasty so wondered if any one else puts strange thing's on there rolls/sandwich's and then maybe try some of them out my self lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Nothing beats a good chocolate sandwich. just throw that fruit and nut in some bread and have at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

white bread, butter and sugar or red sauce. Energy pick me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

OisinT wrote: »
    Nothing beats a good chocolate sandwich. just throw that fruit and nut in some bread and have at.

that gives me an idea for a mint crisp sandwich mmmm nom nom nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Crusty white roll filled with bolognaise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

My sister likes crisps and mayo on a roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

chocolate and hookers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Banana and Peanutbutter :)

Yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Sound Bite wrote: »

Hardly weird! Its the Tuesday sub of the day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

My friend loves cheese and onion crisps and taco sauce and I have to say, it's really tasty on either a roll or a bitta sliced pan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

As a kid in school I used to mix luncheon roll in my sandwich and put in burger bites or those curry chips crisps

As an adult I like to mix cheese and onion crisps and chocolate buttons in a sandwich :o (dont do that very often though):o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

peanut butter and jelly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

raw carrots and houmous and one time i put strawberry jelly on a roll was pretty pissed both times :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Sound Bite wrote: »

Just the sauce or meat too? I've done this once or twice. Add some cheese and it makes for some really nice and cheap rolls for lunch. A good chunk of lean mince goes a long way in any kind of sandwich, and it can be cheaper than packs of ham if you want to save a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

bazmaiden wrote: »
    peanut butter and jelly

The wibbly wobbly jelly :eek: :P

Peanut butter and strawberry jam is actually surprisingly tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

strange things you put on a sandwhich

50 quid in Ladbrokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Just mustard.

Or just brown sauce.

Nothing else.

On a roll. Not my girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Crabzork

Worst one i ever seen was my cuz,he put a pile of watery mash potatoe been two slices of 55c aldi bread.fairly rank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Shryke wrote: »
    Just the sauce or meat too? I've done this once or twice. Add some cheese and it makes for some really nice and cheap rolls for lunch. A good chunk of lean mince goes a long way in any kind of sandwich, and it can be cheaper than packs of ham if you want to save a few euro.

Is even nicer if you put it on toast with butter, probably heart attack on a plate but it tastes lovely :)

Funnily enough, most people I know think it's weird to make a sandwich with butter and crisps, but it's lovely with a bag of king crisps and about 2 stone of butter :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

Crabzork wrote: »
    Worst one i ever seen was my cuz,he put a pile of watery mash potatoe been two slices of 55c aldi bread.fairly rank

THAT IS NOT NOT UNDELICIOUS

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Meanies & Koka Noodles :D

pmsl here watery mash potao thats just abnormal to be put on a sandwich :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Wade in the Sea

I'm sharing this only because you are all so dear to me..............

Toasted banana, nutella and peanut butter sandwich. You need to make this in a real sandwich toaster as it has to melt together.

To be accompanied by pint glass of milk and a charged defibrillator. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

been thinking there about this and now i have cravings for marshmallow, chocolate ice-cream sauce and jelly beans on roll :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I actually gagged reading that. I'm slightly phobic about wet bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Used to eat blackcurrant or raspberry jam and ham sandwiches as a kid. Was a contributing factor to my rotund figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 flutterberry

wowser that takes me back to my school days when my favourite sandwich was a brown sauce sandwich recession busting or what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 flutterberry

now my fave sandwiches would be spaghetti bolognaise sambos not like subway cos u need to get the pasta and everything in there or a chicken curry with potato salad ona nice crusty white roll now thats what i call a sandwich

Advertisement