Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffolding

Options
  • 08-09-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm at the stage that i need some scaffolding for my 2500 sq story and half domer, I'm in the South Kilkenny area how much should i be paying to hire it and have it put up and ammended when needed and of course taken away when finished. I might buy it if the price was right as the build is slow and i hope to have for three months but that could be longer.

All or any help would be great.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 406 ✭✭FesterBeatty

.....ring a scaffolding supplier....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭moan 77

Thats what i'm going to do, just posted here to see what had been paid just to get a guide, AS MOST PEOPLE ON HERE ARE HELPFUL.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Fisrt off, I would not buy it.. There are plenty yards of scaffold lying idel around the country...

Depending on the shape etc.. of the house (no of gables etc..) I would think you should get it done for about €2,100 to €2,300.
    Just tell them when they are pricing that you keep it for as long as it is needed.
    At the time I got 5 quotes and 2 of them would not agree with this so I just eliminated them from the process right away.

Prices varied a lot at the time for me (€2.3 to €5.5k) (12 months ago) so get at least 3 prices.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

I paid €2700 cash for 3050+400 sqft house and garage, supply/erect/dismantle and certify from a guy in Mallow. Site in Limerick. Have it now 10 weeks and haven't been asked to return it yet so hopefully might get the house painted with it still up. I also received quotes of > €5K from some of the larger suppliers for the same thing.

Thanks Mike 2006 and Clint Eastman,

That info will be a great help to me as i now know whats out there price wise.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Be careful when pricing. Some will rent it on a weekly basis and others one price, within reason. IMHO it is far safer to go with the latter as you dont know what might stall the build down the line, weather/trades etc for indefinite period, causing you serious rent for nothing. This is what I did earlier this year and after the winter just gone, was glad to say the least I went this route.;)
    As said above, price around and barter. You will get a good deal.

Thanks Mike 2006 and Clint Eastman and Raydav,

That gives me a great idea of prices out there.

Once again thanks.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭De.Lite.Touch

Competent erection and insurance is the thing with scaffolding.

Prices will range from anywhere to 2-4K.

-- De.Lite.Touch

Thanks for all the info, I got a quote for €1,450 cash for the three months looks good. Will keep all informed.

P.S. De. Lite. Touch I'm SORRY for my post about the felt on the roof, believe it or not I was using a pc last night that had all letters worn off the buttons, i did try to post one but it didn't appear then i tried again and i made the mistakes, I try to make sure all my post are spelt correct along with proper grammer but alas this time i didn't manage it again I'm SORRY. I agree if you dont bother to post correctly you dont deserve a responce.

Moan 77.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Interesting that all posters and OP are happy to pay cash.
    If this is the policy throughout the country there will be no tax paid this year.

• Advertisement

Currently thats the law of the land, I got to get as much bang as i can for my buck.
    If goverment want to stick their heads in the sand, instead of giving a portion of vat paid once a vaild receipt can be shown, as half the amount of vat back, then things could change. There is other incentives they could put in place to ensure this works to make sure they get as many bucks as they can.

Advertisement