Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ploughin' Champs.

Options
  • 08-09-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭

I know it's not until the end of the month, but does anyone know if there is any horsey stands at it and what are they like?

We were told by the school taday that we needed a decision and although I am definitaly goin, I just want something ta look forward to more than watching tractors goin up and down the field.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

i love horses more than anything, but im also very fond of my tractors, but on no account will i spend more than 20 minutes watching the ploughing, and even the its the horsedrawn ploughs i watch.

there is absolutly RAKES of stuff to look at, loads of horsey stands and stuff, HRI will have stand there, as will the Irish Field (on past experience), and there will be tack shops and saddlers everywhere.
    GO
    its some craic and, if nothing else, a day off school.

ironically, the actual ploughing is probably the least noticable part of the days proceedings, you actually have to go looking for it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

http://www.npa.ie/

Featuring…. Tented Trade Village …..

Agri Machinery Demonstrations Lifestyle
    Demonstrations Education
    Showcasing Livestock Financial Services
    Bio Energy Food Fair
    Forestry Craft Village
    Agri Services
    Special Attractions…
    • Hunt Chase
    • Pony Club Games
    • Cookery Demonstrations
    • Vintage Exhibitions
    • Most Appropriately Dressed Competition
    • ICA Demonstrations
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion Shows

• Registered Users Posts: 15 thegoodoutdoors

Looking to buy some riding boots, would I be able to get some there?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I've seen some there over the years, so you should be able to get some. 'Though you may not have the same choice or range as at somewhere like the RDS.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Looking to buy some riding boots, would I be able to get some there?
    Yes, I just saw on Facebook that Elite saddlery will be there, may well be others too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement