Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clouds in West Dublin.

Options
  • 08-09-2010 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭

A couple of snaps i took on my phone when i got in this evening.

IMG_20100908_171201.jpg

IMG_20100908_171145.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Thanks for taking them. There were some very nice displays this evening while I was out on my run, but I didn't have my phone to take any pics.......but now I didn't need it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Su Campu wrote: »
    Thanks for taking them. There were some very nice displays this evening while I was out on my run, but I didn't have my phone to take any pics.......but now I didn't need it! ;)

They were moving pretty quick,hadn't time to dig out the camera so figured the phone will do. Some brilliant skies the last couple of days,lovely cloud formations this afternoon and double rainbows yesterday.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Nice shots, there was some gorgeous clouds in the sky yesterday evening,
    plus some excellent high energy sun showers, I love that kind of rain with power!!! not like the cat piss we had on monday ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

A few more from this evening of some ominous looking cloud with the fading days light behind it.

IMG_20100910_200323.jpg

IMG_20100910_200145.jpg

IMG_20100910_200137.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Stunning! Again you did my dirty work for me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

Saw this on the way to work. It was almost pitch black, covering the sun. Smooth on the edges. Picture does it no justice and there is a few different pics floating around too

33543_468418783981_751453981_6596060_2678618_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

That looks like a lens cloud to me, it's a form of alto-cumulus that is basically the same concept as skipping a stone on calm water. There would have been strong winds aloft moving slightly up and down against a boundary layer and creating these lens clouds. Probably the local mountains have some role in it, these clouds are fairly common downstream from high mountains.

Advertisement