Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aritech alarm problem query

Options
  • 08-09-2010 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

i have installed an aritech cs250 burglar alarm panel , and linked up to it a voice card to its digi dialler. when the alarm tries to ring out through the telephone line it fails and (failure to comm } appears on screen . any body got any ideas? thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

moved from Security forum.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

polmacc wrote: »
    i have installed an aritech cs250 burglar alarm panel , and linked up to it a voice card to its digi dialler. when the alarm tries to ring out through the telephone line it fails and (failure to comm } appears on screen . any body got any ideas? thanks

Do you have engineer access?
    If so do a manual test call & tell me at what point it fails.
    Have you checked the phone line into the panel is ok?
    Has this previousally worked or is it a new set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

polmacc wrote: »

Did you program in the voice messages plus set it up to voice to communicate ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 polmacc

thanks koolkid for your intrest . i have been through the engineering set up , i have recorded the voice messages, entered the phone nos in the central ststions , set the protocol to voice , but whenever i try to carry out a test call the telephone line as you would expect is diverted to the dialler but no call proceeds . the telephone line has been checked and is fine , this is a new set up.... a message shows up on the display after a few minutes saying ....... failure to comm.........

altor ,
    the voice messages have been recorded, and the settings are in place for voice communicate but when it attempts to call the line is diverted from the house phone <as should happen> but no call follows...... only a message appears on the keypad after a few mins saying ......... failure to comm..........

• Advertisement

Did you also program a fake account number ?

yes the no i put in was 1 , is this sufficient or is a longer no required ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Enter 4 digits and it should be OK/.

Did that sort the dialer polmacc ?

wont be able to get to the dialler and voice card for a few days , when i do i will let ye know the outcome , once again thanks for all the help
    ;)

• Advertisement

koolkid wrote: »
    Enter 4 digits and it should be OK/.
    one bills ringing mobiles
    koolkid got the problem sorted ......... the client i was installing the alarm for had mobile phone nos barred from being called from his home telephone line as his two teenage children were previously running up large phone bills, so when ever the alarm dialler was dialling out it was prevented from doing so by eircom { all the nos the dialler was calling were mobile nos].
    the client had forgotten all about this until i eventually asked if there were any restrictions on the line .......... once again thanks for your help..........:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement