Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handmade Puppet Show!

Options
  • 08-09-2010 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Job seeking at the moment and while I'm looking around and going for interviews, I thought I'd try doing something creative and making a few Jim-Henson style puppets - planning to make a puppet show very soon! Who knows...maybe this could lead to a new job? Would love to get your feedback. Hope you like 'em :D

http://fionadoyle.carbonmade.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Love the puppets, maybe you could go a bit more outrageous/mad though? I like the expression on the second puppet! Good luck with your job hunting - are you looking for graphic design or something similar?
    Edit - just looked at your 'about' page!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

if i were you i'd be finding myself a just out of college and jobless film student and someone who speaks irish, become BFFs with them both and make some little 1 or 2 minute shorts and send them to places like TG4.... or to production companies that make stuff for TG4... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭briscotti

Aw they are so sweet! Keep up the good work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 thumbscrew

thank you for all of your helpful comments!

yeah - I'm totally thinking that I'll pitch the show to RTE or TG4 once I have it a bit more together...there's a serious lack of 70s/80s-style puppet action on tv these days. I used to love Zig and Zag, Bosco, DJ Kat, Doc The Croc, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Rainbow, Sooty Sweep n Sue. I'm thinkin' the show is gonna be headin' in that kind of direction.

I might have one Irish-speaking character, but not the entire thing in Irish...I want to be able to understand what's going on myself :) haha!

defo gonna start making some crazier looking puppets in the next few days. I have big plans! watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Ty the ghost :D very nice! he'll be deadly once he gets a bit of wear on him...great stuff keep it up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement