Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many hours for Arts per week on average - 1st year

Options
  • 08-09-2010 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

Just curious as to how many hours of lectures I can look forward to starting on Sept. 20th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

It all depends on what subjects you are taking afaik - but approx 16hrs of lectures (4x 1hr lectures for each subject). For languages I think it's a little bit more than average due to extra labs. Also there'll be tutorials on top - I've heard about 1hr or so for each subject.

Probably best to have a look at the timetable to be more accurate.
    With room info - http://timetable.ucc.ie/ or simple timetable without room info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Just curious as to how many hours of lectures I can look forward to starting on Sept. 20th

T'was around the 20 mark for me I think. Roughly 5 hours per module.

Tutorials, labs, labs for languages will all be included with your hours too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I had the usual 4 hours per subject with an hour for tutorials on top of that so 20 hours a week

I'm curious to find out what subjects have 4 hours of lectures per week plus a tutorial on top of that. Most subjects are 3 hours of lectures per week plus one tutorial, excluding languages, which in the case of French, was 5 hours per week.

I'm curious to find out what subjects have 4 hours of lectures per week plus a tutorial on top of that. Most subjects are 3 hours of lectures per week plus one tutorial, excluding languages, which in the case of French, was 5 hours per week.

History for example had four lectures and a tutorial at one point iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Mine was 16 hours a week last year.

Hopefully 2nd year is shorter. :D

Tombiman wrote: »
    Mine was 16 hours a week last year.

Hopefully 2nd year is shorter. :D

In comparision to 1st year the hours are cut significantly but the work load builds up quite a bit pending if you're doing a Joint etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

In comparision to 1st year the hours are cut significantly but the work load builds up quite a bit pending if you're doing a Joint etc.

Yes I'm doing a joint, in English and Maths Studies.

I expect maths to be a lot of work. English, well I enjoy reading the books from the modules, so as long as I understand them it shouldn't be too bad. :D

Tombiman wrote: »
    Yes I'm doing a joint, in English and Maths Studies.

I expect maths to be a lot of work. English, well I enjoy reading the books from the modules, so as long as I understand them it shouldn't be too bad. :D

Maths? Yuck. Enjoy though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

As far as I can see from the timetable, the subjects I've chosen (English, History, Psych, and Latin) are all 4 hrs lectures a week, with no mention of a tutorial yet. I'm presuming we pick a tutorial timeslot in the first few weeks that will fit around our timetable.

Mind I won't be complaining if it is indeed 4 hrs per subject per week including a tutorial! :D Instead I'll be doing the happy dance ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

How many would you like to have? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

December wrote: »
    As far as I can see from the timetable, the subjects I've chosen (English, History, Psych, and Latin) are all 4 hrs lectures a week, with no mention of a tutorial yet. I'm presuming we pick a tutorial timeslot in the first few weeks that will fit around our timetable.

Mind I won't be complaining if it is indeed 4 hrs per subject per week including a tutorial! :D Instead I'll be doing the happy dance ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ

Doing the same subject as yourself except for latin. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

Doing English, History, Politics and Celtic Civilisation. Whats the story with Registration Part 2. Will we be sent out another letter about the details of oritentation on the 17th??

Advertisement