Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking my build

Options
  • 08-09-2010 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi i bulid my computer about a year ago and never got around to useing it on till this week. I want to get the most out of it so im going to over clock everything i can.

Im starting on the cpu its a Intel core duo 3.00 GHz E6850 trying to get it to 4.00 or more if i can.

My motherboard is an asus P5Q delux

Im useing the Ai tweaker in the bios

Cpu ratio at 9 that is the max the min is 6
    Fsb frequncy is at 420
    SO im getting 3.78 GHz

If i put the fsb frequncy any higer when the pc restarts it powers up but i get no display.

How can i get it higher not sure on how the voltages work if i mess about with them will i be able to get it to go higher?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Sorry i was puting this in the building a pc thread dont no why it is here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

There should be something along the lines of CPU or Vcore, try raising that one notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

are you actually making informed decisions or just seeing numbers and making them all bigger? what are you overclocking for? have you got sufficient cooling in place or are you just going to keep going til you fry something?

Adam wrote: »
    are you actually making informed decisions or just seeing numbers and making them all bigger? what are you overclocking for? have you got sufficient cooling in place or are you just going to keep going til you fry something?

No im not makeing informed decisions im new to the whole overclocking i no how the multiplayer and the fsb work and that will give me the speed but not sure on the voltage so i have them all at auto.

Im overclocking to get as much power out of my computer as i can will be useing it for gameing.

Ive got good cooling i have it watercooled so the cpu is runing very cool at the moment overclocked to 3.78

There should be something along the lines of CPU or Vcore, try raising that one notch.

Do i bring up the Fsb as well when i bring up CPU or Vcore ?

• Advertisement

Only bring up the FSB if it's stable (run prime95/LinX for a few hours) at whatever Voltage you set it to.

Actually, before you do that, post a pic of your BIOS screen, there may be multiple voltages with CPU in the title, you don't want to select the wrong one :)

09082010371.jpg

09082010372.jpg

09082010373.jpg

Yes, it seems from those pics that you should raise the CPU voltage up one notch, then test, if that doesn't work, raise it until it does or temps become an issue.

So i have the Fsb at 420 and it seems to be working have not done a stress test yet should i raise the Fsb to the speed im hopeing for and bring up the CPU voltage to get the pc to come on the fsb shoud be at about 444 to give me a i 4.00 GHz speed that i would be happy with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from Comp and Tech.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Now there's two of them in here! :p

Advertisement