Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

courses in letterkenny

Options
  • 08-09-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

K so the Gf is bored and can't get a job and wants to do some courses and was wondering if anyone knew whats on offer around here, I'm guessing LYIT and FAS are the places to start looking but is there any others that could help too?

Has anyone been in a similer situation and found anywhere in praticular handy?

any help or info would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Two places to consider visiting:
    Fas office at Ballyraine, and the VEC Information Centre (opposite Domino pizza, second floor).

Fas have course advisors, who will also have info. on non-fas courses.
    Tel: +353 (0)74 9120500

VEC - have Information Officers. I think the lady I spoke to was called Rose Duffy.
    074 9178088

LYIT have adult courses starting at different times of the year. I think there are some I.T. technician courses starting in January. The VEC will be able to advise you of those.

HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Saw a booklet of part time course for LYIT just at the reception if you pop in.

I can grab one for you if you don't get the chance soon.

Would she be interested in doing like a 3 year course or just something for the year?

Ooooh! There are also LOADS of awesome part time courses in Derry Tech which I was gonna do back at the start. Like learning a language, various business courses...learning guitar! Everything :) Plus the most were only one or two evenings a week. Alot were evenign courses but plenty during the day too so she would be able to get the bus. They were cheap too and that bit cheaper if you are on dole. Not sure if the prospectus is online we got the booklet in the tech that day.

I'm also heading up to Derry maybe Monday so I can take a wander up to the Tech and grab one of them for her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I'm also heading up to Derry maybe Monday so I can take a wander up to the Tech and grab one of them for her too.

Jesus, be careful in there. Theres supposed to be alot of northern reg transits about ;)

Just make sure to be back in Lk for 4 o'clock to see your aul buddy.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Saw a booklet of part time course for LYIT just at the reception if you pop in.

I can grab one for you if you don't get the chance soon.

Would she be interested in doing like a 3 year course or just something for the year?

Ooooh! There are also LOADS of awesome part time courses in Derry Tech which I was gonna do back at the start. Like learning a language, various business courses...learning guitar! Everything :) Plus the most were only one or two evenings a week. Alot were evenign courses but plenty during the day too so she would be able to get the bus. They were cheap too and that bit cheaper if you are on dole. Not sure if the prospectus is online we got the booklet in the tech that day.

That'd be sweet if you could claire :) owe you a pint for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

irlpic wrote: »
    Jesus, be careful in there. Theres supposed to be alot of northern reg transits about ;)

Just make sure to be back in Lk for 4 o'clock to see your aul buddy.:cool:

Awww baby I've missed ya ;) Ya smartarse :D

Aye better check the damn bus times to be sure I'm back to register in time.
    danniemcq wrote: »
    That'd be sweet if you could claire :) owe you a pint for that!

Anything for yer lovely GF :p

Make that a Bulmers cheers luv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

It's a bit late but there may be places left on some of the FETAC Level 5 courses in the VEC. The classes are 4 days a week with work experience one day and you have a FETAC recognised qualification at the end of the year. Contact the VEC or Errigal College for info on Art, Craft & Design, Childcare, Business/Secretarial or Sports & Recreation.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭weeginger

Did you get sorted with courses, there's a lot coming up with the women's centre, the youth project on the port road is doing a youth leadership course, there's also Cara House, Doorway, the Letterkenny CDP or what about checking out the Donegal Volunteer Centre for some options?

Advertisement