Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you change from a Major to a Single?

Options
  • 08-09-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭

Title explains it really. I'm heading into 3rd year and want to keep a Single in history. I did a Major in history in 2nd year. Can you up a level? I can't find anything about it on the registration page and it's driving me insane.

Any help is hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Title explains it really. I'm heading into 3rd year and want to keep a Single in history. I did a Major in history in 2nd year. Can you up a level? I can't find anything about it on the registration page and it's driving me insane.

Any help is hugely appreciated.

I enquired about this with the Sociology Department. Here's the email I got back from them.
    Dear Bryan,
    Further to your query re changing from Major to Single Hons in Third
    Arts, yes it is possible but you would have to apply officially through
    the Arts Faculty Office (O'Rahilly Building) requesting the change. The
    Sociology Dept. would normally have no problem with the change but it's
    not entirely up to it. After making your request, the Arts Faculty would
    have to send the application to a Board for acceptance. For further
    clarification you can always call them.
    Regards,
    Jerry O'Sullivan,
    Sociology.

So, i'd say the best thing to do would be to contact the History Department asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Thanks for that Byron. I supposed I panicked a little. Have sent emails around including one to the History department. Am desperate to get this changed, don't fancy doing some of the Greek/Roman Civ. modules this year!

Advertisement