Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a large library of music?

Options
  • 08-09-2010 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I am building my own Jukebox out of an old computer. I want to get a good library of music on it but dont know where to start.

Preferably I would like music videos rather than audio. But if I am going to download each file individually, its going to take a really long time (and money if I am paying for it!). On top of this, I would need to research different ganres and artists to make sure I havnt left anybody out!

Is there anywhere I can download a folder full of music tracks suitable for an everyday jukebox?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

iTunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Presumably you're doing this for party situations? Why not pass a memory stick around your mates and ask them to fill it up with their favourites, stick them all on, and when you have all your mates over there'll always be something someone wants to hear on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

In other words not only are you too mean to pay for your music, but you're also too lazy to pirate it and you don't have the taste to figure out what you even want to listen to to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

iTunes will sort you out

What I often do is if I like an artist I enter it on amazon and view what other people also bought. A good way to find similar music

In other words not only are you too mean to pay for your music, but you're also too lazy to pirate it and you don't have the taste to figure out what you even want to listen to to begin with.

Chill out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Awww :(

From the first bit of your post I thought you meant you were trying to build one of these and thought...how cool is that!!

jukebox_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭bullpost

If you're internet-attached just stream from youtube. Probably got a good enough generic selection and you get the videos. Also good search facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Grooveshark/LastFM

Streaming is the only way to go (if you've a semi-fast connection).

Grooveshark is great. Let everyone add songs to one big playlist over the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Awww :(

From the first bit of your post I thought you meant you were trying to build one of these and thought...how cool is that!!

jukebox_3.jpg

Man, i want one of these bad boys so bad!

And when i get one, i'm gonna have it set up so that when i hit it with the side of my fist, it plays "The Best of Bill Haley and The Comets"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Grooveshark is great. Let everyone add songs to one big playlist over the night.

That's a genius idea for a party soundtrack! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

bullpost wrote: »
    If you're internet-attached just stream from youtube. Probably got a good enough generic selection and you get the videos. Also good search facility.
    You could also use YouTube Disco, just type in a band name and it'll generate a playlist of songs from that band and similar bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭mute101

Hate fools like this that have nothing constructive to offer. Idiot. Why don't you put your energy into something else, You might even make something of your life. I doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement