Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PvP Itemisation: AAAAAGGGGHGH!!

Options
  • 08-09-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

My head has been wrecked over the last while, trying to understand the PvP itemisation/set bonus thing.
    This is my how Shammy currently looks. Still lots of PvE stuff and BoE bits I bought when I dinged 80. It's a complete mess, with different bits from different sets, and the only bits that complement each other are for the wrong set…

This is the wishlist, mostly.

Am I on the right track? Given that I've really only a half hour or so to run a BG at the moment, is there something else I can do to get stuff. There never seem to be any VoA runs after WG anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm not sure what you mean but im assuming you want to get PVP gear, quickest way to get PVP set is to run heroics and buy with triumph badges, go for helm, chest, shoulder before picking up gloves/pants.

Any honor you get use to purchase cloak, amulet, ring in that order. then go for boots, belt wrist, reason being is that these drop from voa so you may get lucky.

Run voa whenever you can, if your not getting into groups im assuming your trying too late in the week on an underpopulated server, so get in there on Wednesday (reset day) also make sure to do the WG weekly quests, they give about 3.5k honor per quest and you can rack up about 25k honor from these :D

Then focus on your pvp trinkets last.

This is how i gear up my players pvp wise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Cheers Nix, I just wanted to check if that gear on the wishlist is the stuff I should be aiming for and if there's any particular order I need to get 'em.
    My PVE gear isn't good enough for heroics, and I don't really have the time to spend 4 hours running through an instance. That said, if I shouted loud enough to get a group together for VOA at the start of WG, it might speed things up a bit. Between arena points, honour points, shards and mark, I was going round in circles! :)

No worries dude, if your going elemental shaman the best out of raid weapons you can pick up are the dagger from the first boss in Pit of saron heroic (you can also get a good caster trinket from last boss in this instance) and also the shield form the last boss in POS on normal mode. If your unable to get into the ICC instances with your gear do TOC heroic and normal to pick up epics, you can also get a nice caster trinket from the normal mode.

So keep running these until you snag those items. Or if your rich and have a few thousand gold then pick up the battered hilt from the AH and do that quest chain to get the caster mace :)

If you dont want to do the badge earning through heroics then just go for the set gear first running battlegrounds to get honor, it will be a pain in the ass to get this honor though if the battleground ques are long on your server. If your in ques for 1-2mins then happy days, if your on a crap server like mine battle ground ques are 9mins wait atleast and can range up as high as 18mins :(

That'd be Sunstrider then… :D I reckon it'll take about a week per item, to get stuff with honour given the amount of time I get to play. Time to get queueing again!

Are you on sunstrider?

• Advertisement

Yeah, Shamanhattan's the main!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

i do have a different opinion about the idea...

... running pve-instances to be able to trade emblems for pvp-gear sounds to me as bad as learning to ride a bicycle so you don't fall down from an harley...

it will take you a lot more time to get both honor/points if you run the arenas and battlegrounds... but that will keep you from being a total noob like me, that used the loads of emblems i had to get a few pieces of gear (including a lot of frostys) and in the end my poor skill just couldn't cope with it...

... i'm not excusing myself in the fact that i never had to press more than 4 buttons with my left-hand and 2 with my right-hand but i die miserable deaths on pvp because i'm so used to pve and can't think out of the box - i think there is somewhere in the internet a new term for my type (or disease) of pvp noobiness..

the tips nix gave are exactly what i would have said, but i wouldn't run any more instances than the ones needed to get the missing pvp parts - after all, you won't be learning anything if you keep being pitched against a grannie to pvp against, right ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

The queue times for Horde on your battlegroup are terrible.
    If you have a credit card and can afford it, switch to Alliance. I did that with my Druid on Sunstrider and had him geared up fully in pvp gear in 2 days, queue times are almost instant and with AV weekend coming up, you'll be geared in no time at all.
    As for heroics, just go resto and farm badges, your queues will be almost instant and theres no probs using pvp gear on a shaman to heal with, did it myself on my own shaman, no probs at all.
    If you can't switch to alliance then just wait for AV weekend, still a good win rate for horde on that battlegroup in AV, just wont be instant queues all the time. Oh and yeah, do the WG weekly quests for honor.

Advertisement