Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skibbereen - where to go

Options
  • 08-09-2010 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hey,
    looking for some help with where to go out in Skibbereen.
    Theres a group of us heading there for the weekend soon. What pubs are good? Is there a website where I can find out if theres any music / comedy on anywhere??

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

To be honest Skibbereen has gone downhill over the years apart from the odd festival. The Cork SW thing and Tommy Tiernan performace was probably the highlight of the year. The town hall which is ideal for plays and comedy gigs is left to waste for the majority of the year. There is no cinema or swimming pool.

The highlight on the events calendar this month is the weekly farmers market.

Pubs
    Cahalanes is a lovely spot
    Baby Hannahs i like also
    The Paragon is probably the busiest pub, you might find kareoke going on there if you're lucky :P

Annie Mays could have a young band playing but more than likely the place will be jammed with underagers.
    Corner Bar could also have some Trad on if not its ok for a quiet pint.

There are two clubs, Chasers and Dakota, both same price, same music, same clientele. After the clubs don't be suprised to see a few street fights.

To be honest you're better off going the extra 10mins south to Baltimore and sitting out in the harbour and having a pint there, if theres a band playing its an ideal location with great pizza. Same could be said for Schull village and Glandore village, lovely for tourists.

I also recommend Whale watching in Union Hall or kayaking on Loch Ine at night or a day on Cape Clear (great pubs there)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

East? :)

Advertisement