Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMW Championship

Options
  • 08-09-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Going to stick with Cink (50/1) this week. Always think he benefits big time when he gets a run of tournaments under his belt rather than popping up to an event here and there. Also playing without the pressure of the Ryder Cup on his mind after receiving a wild card the other day.

Full Preview and Picks for anyone interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

" it's mainly the longer hitters I'll be looking at here this week".,that's your quote from your preview VS,just wondering how you can say that and then go with Stricker and Zach,(that's not to say i don't think they have great chances but.......)2 shorties

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Love Cog Hill, one of my favorite courses on the PGA Tour. Proper old fashioned players course.

Ogilvy @ 35/1 - Those who know me personally know how much of a mark I'am for him :P I'm hoping he'll carry on the momentum from a very good display last week

Villegas @ 60/1 - Like Ogilvy, about time I started backing my man here. He's won here before so knows clearly knows how to play the course. This is period of the year where his game steps up. If he can find some putts which have in the main dried up since his win at the Honda Classic this year, he'll be in contention.

One other bet I'll probably have on this will be one of these guys -

Cabrera, Fowler, Sim and Cink. Leaning more towards Fowler atm.

I like VS's pick of Senden as well I have to add.

Bo van Pelt @80/1
    Jason Dufner @125/1,both e/w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Adam Scott for me again (lucky three way tie for 5th last week for me),

he's getting better and better each weak,
    and at 20/1 in such a small field is brilliant value I think

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    Adam Scott for me again (lucky three way tie for 5th last week for me),

he's getting better and better each weak,
    and at 20/1 in such a small field is brilliant value I think

i see your point but i'm not so sure it's brilliant value at all,he's still not holding enough putts to win a comp but that seems to be the only part of his game that's weak at present,also might get a bit of rain on the first few days that will also play into his hands

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

oh no! its intuition! he's back with his paddy power previews! as for me, looking at woods, dustin, pretty much the same as last week probably, minus snedeker. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Missed great bet, Woods was 10/1 with Ladbrokes yesterday lunchtime!
    By the time I heard they were down to 7's :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭kingshankly

main bet Adam Scott @22/1 tee to green brilliant at the moment just needs a hot putter.
    3 smaller bets on
    zack Johnson @33/1
    Jason day@33/1
    dj trahan @100/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭eldrickwoods

Quite like Cink this week too but I am sorely tempted by the price of:

Anthony Kim 199/1 Betfair

I know Kim is still coming back from the thumb injury but his back will be up this weekend with the ommission from the Ryder Cup. It's a good price and the guy knows how to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Smal bets

€2 ew on

Fowler @ 80/1
    Leishman @ 110/1
    Romero @ 100/1
    Cabrera @ 70/1
    Gay @ 200/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭GampDub

One of the big boys for me this week:

Woods 6/1
    Stricker 12/1
    Furyk 20/1

Win Only bets, won't be going too mad either!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Love Cog Hill, one of my favorite courses on the PGA Tour. Proper old fashioned players course.

Ogilvy @ 35/1 - Those who know me personally know how much of a mark I'am for him :P I'm hoping he'll carry on the momentum from a very good display last week

Villegas @ 60/1 - Like Ogilvy, about time I started backing my man here. He's won here before so knows clearly knows how to play the course. This is period of the year where his game steps up. If he can find some putts which have in the main dried up since his win at the Honda Classic this year, he'll be in contention.

One other bet I'll probably have on this will be one of these guys -

Cabrera, Fowler, Sim and Cink. Leaning more towards Fowler atm.

Add Y.E Yang to those two names above.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Dustin Johnson (30/1) & Nick Watney (60/1) - Both e/w.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Same 6 as last week, only difference is I dutched Kuchar and Johnson
    and the did a seperate dutch of Choi,Romero,Yang and Villegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭GampDub

GampDub wrote: »
    One of the big boys for me this week:

Woods 6/1
    Stricker 12/1
    Furyk 20/1

Win Only bets, won't be going too mad either!

Change of heart when I got to bookies and put the whole stake on Stricker!!! Heres hoping... :)

Best of Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Dustin Johnson 28/1 is my bet.

Woddle wrote: »

Woddle,form an orderly Q outside ur bookie's office,surely Kuchar has to do it this week,i expect Tim Clark to make a bit of a challenge(esp if the forcast bit of rain isn't too heavy)so as my first 2 bets are gone i just backed him at 70/1 e/w top4

i've had no luck this week at all,i'm tempted to put my fate in Team Casey @8/1,he's no1 in gir this week,if he keeps that up tomorrow and the putter improves a bit he'll be right there,i think he's good value,anyone else any fancies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

stuck e5 on shiv kapur 18/1 yesterday evening when he was atop the leaderboard. that all changed today though, kaymer looking very solid:P

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

ernie els is 12/1 with boyles and 14.5 on betfair , 10e e/w with boyles is my pick

• Advertisement

heavyballs wrote: »
    i've had no luck this week at all,i'm tempted to put my fate in Team Casey @8/1,he's no1 in gir this week,if he keeps that up tomorrow and the putter improves a bit he'll be right there,i think he's good value,anyone else any fancies?

never thought i'd find myself cheering on Team but backed him today in Ladcrooks at 8/1,win only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

SantryRed wrote: »

:D

1 win and 2 placed from 6 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Aidric wrote: »
    Dustin Johnson (30/1) & Nick Watney (60/1) - Both e/w.
    :)

Just a quick one, for a golfer that placed, if he was tied does that mean that you don't get the full place money?

Just a quick one, for a golfer that placed, if he was tied does that mean that you don't get the full place money?

well you'll loose a bit for Kucher,split the odds as he was tied with 1 other and keep your full stake

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭YohanCabeye7

There were 4 tied at -6 HB.
    75% of your stake for the 4 guys tied for 3 places.
    I got e120 for a e5 e/w @125/1 on Choi. (e3.75 x e31.25) aka (3/4 x 1/4 of 125)

There were 4 tied at -6 HB.
    75% of your stake for the 4 guys tied for 3 places.
    I got e120 for a e5 e/w @125/1 on Choi. (e3.75 x e31.25) aka (3/4 x 1/4 of 125)

yeah i know, but only one of those counted that's why i said he was tied with 1 other,it was 1/4 odds first 5 yeah?,well then i thought it would be 1/2 the stake with full odds

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

SantryRed wrote: »
    Good call.Well done! I had a small e/w bet on him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement