Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to a wedding in Trinity College Chapel?

Options
  • 08-09-2010 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    I'm considering having my wedding in Trinity. Anyone been to one there lately? All comments welcome........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Yep - in March of this year, what sort of comments are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NOIMAGINATION

Are you or your other half a graduate of Trinity - I was a student at TCD and saw many weddings over the years.... its nice... except your bound to have hundreds of tourists and students in your wedding photos

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gill25

Yep - in March of this year, what sort of comments are you looking for?

Did you like it? Would you use it yourself?
    Were there lots of tourists hanging around outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I heard wedding times there are very early. 9:00am early

Are you or your other half a graduate of Trinity - I was a student at TCD and saw many weddings over the years.... its nice... except your bound to have hundreds of tourists and students in your wedding photos
    Yeah both of us went there. I was hoping to have it during the summer so was only really worrying about tourists possibly taking my picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I am actually using it myself next year. Gill25 in regards to your questions:

Did you like it?
    - I thought it was really nice, much cosier that a normal wedding, the design of the chapel is so different that if your guests haven't been there before they'll find it a talking point. Seat are uncomfortable but as long as you're not keeping your guests for hours, it will be fine! The organ is fantastic if you choose to use it and the vocals form the singer on the day were amazing

Would you use it yourself?
    - Yep, as above we had already booked the chapel and seeing it only emphasized what a good decision it was :D

Were there lots of tourists hanging around outside?
    - It was a 2:00 PM ceremony (you can have 11:00 AM or 2:00 PM), and it was fine, not many around at all. I didn't find it obtrusive at all. There was no students around either. Fantastic photo opps!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NOIMAGINATION

gill25 wrote: »
    Yeah both of us went there. I was hoping to have it during the summer so was only really worrying about tourists possibly taking my picture.

As you know from being a student there yourself, depending on the time of year, front square could be full of tourists.... and students... when are you thinking of getting married?

As you know from being a student there yourself, depending on the time of year, front square could be full of tourists.... and students... when are you thinking of getting married?

July probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LittleRux

My fiance and I are having our ceremony at Trinity Chapel in June - it's a lovely venue and really unique (the pews face inwards). If you're thinking of July though, the chapel doesn't hold any ceremonies during the month of July or around the end of December. I'd contact one of the priests very quickly to ask about dates if I were you. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SquishyLady

Hi sorry to come in on this thread years later, but do you know how many people the chapel will hold?
    Thanks in advance
    E

• Advertisement
Advertisement