Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do leaving cert examiners like heavy metal?

Options
  • 07-09-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I ask this question because I was thinking of making a solidbody guitar for my Leaving Cert construction project.

Do ya think it'd be alright?

Cheers in advance :):pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭JamesJB

I can't give you confirmation on the guitar, but I signed my written pieces in French as 'Dave Mustaine' and got an A1.

I say go for it; it seems like an original idea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it fits the specs for what you can make they won't mind. They will be solely looking at how it is made, not what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

I don't see why the examiner would have a problem, they'll judge it on it's own merits. Though I wouldn't advise it as a project, especially if it's your first build, as you'll probably put a lot of care into things like pickup wiring and intonation, which the examiner won't notice.

Friend of mine did one for his and he got so attached to it that other subjects suffered, and they kept it over the Summer when he should have been gigging with it which was really painful for him. Also, I remember our projects were stored in a damp old storeroom, which can't have been good for it, might have been some warping there. Not sure if all schools do that though, wouldn't hurt to check with your teacher.

Advertisement