Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study and Note-taking tips

Options
  • 07-09-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

Says it all, anything that worked particularly well for you? I'm in 5th year taking the three sciences, applied Maths, French and the other 3.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

Study tip 1: chill out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭JamesJB

James2693 wrote: »
    Study tip 1: chill out ;)

My fellow James, you are correct.

Now, Study tip 2: use teh internets to your advantage!

- get Anki (Google it, I've mentioned it enough on this forum)
    - use Khan Academy (go to Youtube for it)
    - use about.com for French and/or other languages
    - Use RnaG for Irish listening

I have hundreds of tips but those will suffice for now. If you're chilled out and using the information superhighway, you're well on your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Says it all, anything that worked particularly well for you? I'm in 5th year taking the three sciences, applied Maths, French and the other 3.

You'll eventually settle into a pattern of how well you can study. Personally it took me until college-level to study properly but I am much more motivated now. When studying it's important that you're up to it, enjoying it and thinking clearly. External factors like your study area, interruptions etc. also come into play so make sure they're working towards you. My number one rule of studying is: don't just read. You're not learning sufficeintly or retaining anything then, have a fresh page beside you and take notes, points etc. The important thing is: keep thinking. Think about your subject matter, question it, how relevant is it to the questions you're doing? etc.

As regards to note taking. Essentially, take down what matters. Take down the important and informative points. Be concise and clear in your notes otherwise reading over them, if they are messy, will drive you insane.

Keep trying different things and your own style will develop and suit you.

Advertisement