Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Tipster Competition 2010

Options
  • 07-09-2010 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

The second year of the boards.ie NFL Tipster Competition begins Thursday night when the Vikings visit the Superbowl Champion Saints.

For New Players;
    Copied & pasted this from last years comp. (think the link still works).

I have set up a boards.ie league on CBS Sportsline.
    The way it works is that you choose who you think will win each game every week scoring a point for each correct pick. Rather than getting involved in point spreads and/or confidence points I've kept it to the basic win/lose selection.
    The only extra is that you need to pick the total points of the MNF game as a weekly tie-break decider.

The deadline for submitting picks is 1 hour before the start of the day's first game.
    I don't think there is a limit to the amount of people who can enter the league, so the more the merrier as they say.

You will need a CBS Sportsline a/c to join. I'm sure alot of you will have one already from fantasy leagues there & also on NFL.com (I'm pretty sure the same a/c works on both sites).

The link to the league is;
    http://boardies.football.cbssports.com/e

Password id boardies

Cheers

For returning players;
    Use either the link in the email from CBS or the same way as for new players.

General
    For those of you who need reminders each week to submit picks there is no actual facility specifically for this but you could avail of the following;

Click Options, then alerts & set an E-report for overall standings to be sent to your e-mail once a week. I would suggest no later than Thursday as in week 1 & from week 10 onwards Thursday night games are played.

You could also tick the top box under "Message boards & Pool E-Mail" & I (or any other player if they wish) will try to post a message each Wednesday as an effective reminder which you will then recieve.

Best of luck to all.

PS: Could Kyle W (not sure of your boards username) pm me which of the two e-mail addresses you want to use if playing this year & I'll delete the 2nd one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Icepickle

12 entrants so far. Still time to sign up & make picks for week 1 although you will have missed the Saints/Vikings game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'd be interested in signing up this season. When I create my account it asks foe a 'Pool Password'. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

boardies

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

stevemac wrote: »
    boardies

Thanks. It would help if I was able to read :o

Think I hadn't shaken the Sunday Morning cobwebs!

Anyway, I'm in!

Week 2 deadline is in half an hour. Still 3 people to make picks.

• Advertisement

Just a reminder for the few who haven't yet submitted picks for week 3.
    The deadline is 5pm Sunday.

Just a reminder for the few who haven't yet submitted picks for week 4.

Just a reminder for the few who haven't yet submitted picks for week 5.

Just a reminder that this week (Week 10) sees the start of Thursday night games from now until week 16. Make sure to get your picks for those games in at least an hour before kickoff. The deadline for Sunday games is still 5pm.

Another Thursday game tonight. Make sure to get your pick in for the Bears @ Dolphins.

• Advertisement

Picks for the 3 Thanksgiving Day games (Thurs) need to be in by 4.30pm today.

Reminder that Colts V Titans is tonight. 7 players yet to make a pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Just looked at the "so called" experts picks on that cbs website. Their best expert has 106 correct picks with the next best at 97. Everyone in our group that has predicted every week has bettered that (leader on 126). Maybe in this recession of ours we can all apply to be experts on the cbs site, theirs dont seem to be up to much.

The CBS guys only started making straight match picks in week 3. For weeks 1 & 2 they picked against the points spreads & those 2 weeks aren't included in their totals.
    I'd say you could add 19/20 to their scores to make a better comparison.

Congrats to PT - 2010 Boards.ie NFL Champion Tipster.

Final Standings;

P.T 167
    L.McN 165
    P.O'N 164

The competition was decided on the last game of the regular season as PT picked the Seahawks & LMcN had the Rams.
    Both players scored 14/16 in week 17 to jump past longtime leader P.O'N who only picked 9/16 correctly.

Thanks to all for participating & hopefully you will all return next year along with a few more entrants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Thanks for organizing Icepickle!

Was good craic and gives you an interest in all games
    I'm not in fantasy football so worked for me

Mediocre mid table position at the end though :o

Advertisement