Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question - Myth Buster

Options
  • 07-09-2010 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

I am looking at going to Uni in England and was wondering if it is true that we don't have to pay fees over there?

I was told that you only have to pay for accomodation.

Help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

I've read that the NHS pay the fees for some medical courses. Other than that I'm pretty certain you still have to pay fees. They are cheaper than here though. Something like three or four thousand pounds sterling. You can get a loan to cover the fees, which you don't repay until you've graduated and are earning above a certain amount.

Try this website: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/DG_6000071

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Exactly what Cliona said, they brought higher fees (they used to be about £1k) in for students who started college in the last couple of years. If you're eligible for the Irish grants they cover uni in the UK too though at undergrad :)

Advertisement