Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice: Nokia X6 8GB/ LG Optimus

Options
  • 07-09-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Would appreciate any advice ye have :)
    My Nokia 5810 XpressMusic died at Electric Picnic at the weekend and I've narrowed my search down to the two phones in the title. I remain open to other suggestions too, of course.

I've huge brand loyalty to Nokia - never let me down and this brand loyalty was enhanced when I got a sh**ty Motorola a few years ago.

The LG phone has Android, and is also €100 cheaper.

However, having tried a friend's LG phone (different model to the Optimus) tonight, it seems to touch screen is very finicky. Took several minutes to type a 100-character text message, as I'd hit the '3' button, but would actually be hitting the '2' or the '6. Fat thumbs, you could say :D

Practicality is the most important thing for me - whatever about the rest what use is the phone if it can't send a text?

My starter questions are these:
    • Was the LG phone I used tonight just a bad egg?
    • Is the LG Optimus functional and practical?
    • And, having been used to Nokias, will I be disappointed with an LG?
    • Is the Nokia X6 actually any good?

Some other info:
    Important features: FM radio, wi-fi, bluetooth. Apps and a 3.5mm jack (as opposed to the manufacturer's specific handset) preferred.
    Form factor: A decent touchscreen, as in, one that is easy and practical to use. I don't want to spend ages trying to type the letter 'c' into a text message with f and h coming up! Otherwise a 0-9 keypad would do fine.
    Internet: Wi-fi, but something I can use when outside wi-fi areas too.
    Operator: Meteor PAYG

Many thanks for your help and for reading :)

Advertisement