Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Netbook...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭40040D

I bought an Acer Aspire One in Xtra Vision two months ago for €260. Ya hear ppl sayin acer are sh1t but in all fairness to it I haven't had any problems thankfully.
    • 160gb
    • 1Gb Ram
    • Win XP
    • 10.1 display
    • 3-4hr battery

I already have a toshiba A210 pro, but I bought this for work and handiness, it weighs less than a kilo!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Two have Windows 7 STARTER. Its cut down junk. Of those three I'd go with the XP one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

40040D wrote: »
    I bought an Acer Aspire One in Xtra Vision two months ago for €260. Ya hear ppl sayin acer are sh1t but in all fairness to it I haven't had any problems thankfully.
    • 160gb
    • 1Gb Ram
    • Win XP
    • 10.1 display
    • 3-4hr battery
    I already have a toshiba A210 pro, but I bought this for work and handiness, it weighs less than a kilo!

Im actually on my mams Acer laptop now.. I think it is pretty decent.
    It has windows 7.. Not sure if its starter edition. Seems ok to me.

If you're just going to be using it for emails, taking notes etc its grand.

However if you intend on doing assignments and typing alot I recommend an external keyboard because the keyboards on netbooks are quite small ! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

40040D wrote: »
    If you're just going to be using it for emails, taking notes etc its grand.

However if you intend on doing assignments and typing alot I recommend an external keyboard because the keyboards on netbooks are quite small ! :P

I see, so do you know of a good laptop that would be cheap?
    Or any good places to buy cheaper ones?
    I would be typing a good bit.

• Advertisement

The brother has a Compaq Mini 700, that has win 7, google it I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You can get netbooks with 95% size keyboards that wont be an issue to type on:)

Advertisement