Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I do Ag Science as an 8th Subject???

Options
  • 07-09-2010 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭

I'm currently doing

Irish
    English
    Maths,
    French
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Economics

all higher level.

I've just started 5th year, have good teachers in everything except irish, and enjoy all these subjects.

I'm thinking of doing Ag Science as an extra, as a lot of it is biology, and I have all my brothers notes from a few years ago to help me. Do ye think it would be a good idea and a possible easy A1???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

I'm currently doing

I'm thinking of doing Ag Science as an extra, as a lot of it is biology, and I have all my brothers notes from a few years ago to help me. Do ye think it would be a good idea and a possible easy A1???

No such thing as an ''easy A1'' in the Leaving Cert i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

NotExactly wrote: »
    No such thing as an ''easy A1'' in the Leaving Cert i'm afraid.
    +1. You can get a high B "easily" enough, but the paper can be an arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

if you're going to pick an extra that's the one to pick, i took it up in 1 year and got the a1. however i would say there is no need for 8 honours subjects, you'll be putting in work that will count for nothing. why do you feel you need it?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Yes do it as it ties in nicely with Bio. As NotExactly said there is no such thing as an easy A1 but Ag. Science is way more easy to ace than English or Chemistry. If the workload is too much you can always shave a subject at the end of this year but if you feel you can handle it definitely take up Ag. Science.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'm currently doing

Do you have access to an ag science teacher who will grade and sign off on your project?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

lctake2 wrote: »
    if you're going to pick an extra that's the one to pick, i took it up in 1 year and got the a1. however i would say there is no need for 8 honours subjects, you'll be putting in work that will count for nothing. why do you feel you need it?

hey im repeating and i put down geography instead of ag science.
    would u say its easier to pick up ag science? i do bio too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Thanks for all the advice, i've decided to drop economics ( i don't need it and its dead boring!!!) and switch to ag science instead. It shouldnt be too hard as i'm from a farm and i have biology as well.

Thanks again!!!

Advertisement