Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Days of Deals - September 2010 - XPS 8100 - did anyone try to purchase?

Options
  • 07-09-2010 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Dell recently ran an offer under Days of Deals for an XPS 8100 and I ordered one. Next day I receive an email to say they don't have a part (the DVD writer - which ships with just about every Dell computer they sell) and insisted I upgrade to bluray - I didn't need the bluray and didn't want to spend another €127. So I contacted customer support and I dealt with three different people - internet chat, email and by phone. I supplied my credit card information three times and each time the rep said they would process the order. For a week I contacted them every day. Then the minute the offer expired I got an email saying my order had been cancelled and the rep rang me to say if I wanted the computer it would be an extra €600.

Has anybody else experienced the same problem?

Advertisement