Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cricket

Options
  • 07-09-2010 2:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Right, I's hopin this might be a litmus test for
    Troofer/Skeppie
    Delineation

The Pakistani CricketMost recentScandal

Did the people Filmed in the cash handover CONSPIRE against the CricketToleratinPublic

Seriously, Question to the Floor,

Invokin the Mods request rule;

No Trollin
    No circular arguments
    No beein a DICK

humor is encouraged BUT it must be intended to Contribute to the discussion

&

Off topic is a rather Vague
    but it Exists.

So whada ya think??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

If the question is was there a conspiracy then I don't see why it needs to be asked tbh, imho trying to hold up one conspiracy as some sort of hint that others are happening is just the same as doing the opposite and throwing up a debunked theory as a reason for how no conspiracy can be true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

No, ya missed the point a bit, What I was tryin to say is

Hey

Look over here, this is a bunch of people are doin things that in themselves may or may not be suspicious, BUT if you Join the Dots, as some individuals have done, there APPEARS to be a concerted effort by one small group of individuals to Conspire against a Larger group for Gain.

Now to me thats the essence of a Cospiracy Theory, Thats what I want to discuss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Now to me thats the essence of a Cospiracy Theory, Thats what I want to discuss

And you'll notice that they were incapable of conspiring to rig the results of a cricket match, without someone getting wind of it, therefore illustrating how difficult it is for a group of people to successful conspire to commit crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just to back up what Mahatma asked for, try and play nice folks and discuss the topic. You're not going to prove anything by repeating "But you're wrong!" over and over. If you don't think one idea has any validity, try and offer another. Who knows, you might even enjoy it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Di0genes wrote: »
    And you'll notice that they were incapable of conspiring to rig the results of a cricket match, without someone getting wind of it, therefore illustrating how difficult it is for a group of people to successful conspire to commit crimes.

That doesn't mean they didn't try to though. I'd say it was more of an unintentional, ongoing greed thing than a masterminded conspiracy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Read about the sidebets that they had going, theres one here about the Cowboys in a league game that raises a few eyebrows,but I digress, the question is a Dio put it was it a series of amazin coincidences or was there an organised Conspiracy???

I think its a good case study, cos lets face it mot of us dont give two flyin wotsits about Cricket:D

Advertisement