Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RLI Manager

• 07-09-2010 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

It appears that RLI are on the lookout for RLI General Manager...

What happened with Callum Irvine?

http://www.therfl.co.uk/about/page.php?id=490&areaid=53

As far as I remember he only took up the post a year ago (or so)...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Not sure what's happened, I'd hear Callum had gone back to England and this seems to confirm it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 billy slater

35000 a year plus company car plus various other expenses isnt bad as if their is a league next year it'll be an even bigger shambles than last year. RIP RLI

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭big barrie

what do you mean by shambles , i have been involved with rli not as an addmin for 6 years now and i think 2010 was ther best year not on the field though, one reason they used mostly players who play weekly in the rli season the 4 provinces was a hugh success and wait till you see the competition for places next year a real possibility to pull on the leinster or munster jersey , what chance would that be for these players in union.simply none , also the masters in limerick , the home inters, limerick again, the home grown students team all play every sat during summer with rli clubs and much more .with people like you slater knocking them down at every oppertuinity or were you not lucky to be picked for your province or some other grudge ,

big barrie wrote: »
    what do you mean by shambles , i have been involved with rli not as an addmin for 6 years now and i think 2010 was ther best year not on the field though, one reason they used mostly players who play weekly in the rli season the 4 provinces was a hugh success and wait till you see the competition for places next year a real possibility to pull on the leinster or munster jersey , what chance would that be for these players in union.simply none , also the masters in limerick , the home inters, limerick again, the home grown students team all play every sat during summer with rli clubs and much more .with people like you slater knocking them down at every oppertuinity or were you not lucky to be picked for your province or some other grudge ,

2010 was one of the worst years. It was a huge backwards step. The inter province competitions as discovered several years ago are a waste of time. there isn't a big enough pool of players to support them and a league round on the same weekend and this means that the vast majority of players have too many weekends without matches. They then drift away and don't come back. This has made it harder for the clubs to attract players for next year. I'm sure it was great for those player involved but in a wider context it was a waste.

What happened with the vast amounts spent on developing the game? How many development officers turned up at clubs and gave advice (we didn't see one at my club). How many new teams were developed and appeared last season? (We won't bother couting the two RU clubs who played one game of RL pre Ire vs Sco) How many games representitive games did Ireland win?

This season has been a failure and the sooner people realise that and put the neccesary steps in place to progress, then the better the game will become in this country.

big barrie dont know your role in rli over last 6 years but from the rubbish your talkin i hope its not an important one. the munster masters is prob great fun but how exactly will that help any clubs. interpros were a waste of time. i'm sick of people like u who dont know what its like tryin to run a club talkin rubbish. not one development officer even asked if we needed help this year until end of year when a new man came onboard and i must say he was helpful but sadly too leta im afraid and theyre be at least one big team missing next year so goodluck big barrie and im sure youll say next year will be brilliant as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

what RU teams played before the Scottish match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭kellco88

clondalkin and tallaght u 19's played a game of league as a curtain raiser

2010 was a step backwards they gave homegrown lads a chance , look at j taylor after 2 seasons with eagles he played for wolfhounds against super league players . the leinster develment officer was based in portadown did any club request his attendance for coaching .couerdelion has nearly 500 posts yet most are bitching and whinging yet he has not been to an rli agm at least for the last 5 years.

if your so sure who courdelion is big barrie then why not tell us your name. i dont know who the people are on here but i think i might know who courdelion is and i can certainly say he was at agm 2 years ago as i was if im right in my judgement. im sur courdelion and myself earn the same wage as each other from rli which is zero while wayne kelly is employed by them full time i think so i dont care where he lives if its his job he has to do it barrie. i did look for help throughout the year but got fed up with asking so thats why i stopped asking and when i finally received some help by a different employee late in year i was so frustrated i probably didnt give him a fair chance and i apologised to him. just go to your agm and give each other a good pat on the back for another great year but you can plan without my team for next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭kellco88

I'm with Billy on this Barrie whats the benefit to namimg people and having a pop? If you know me (which you obviously do judging by a previous post) then you know i dont just run touch every now and then.

Everyone on here is entitled to their own oppinion wether it be for or against rli

• Advertisement

big barrie wrote: »
    2010 was a step backwards they gave homegrown lads a chance , look at j taylor after 2 seasons with eagles he played for wolfhounds against super league players . the leinster develment officer was based in portadown did any club request his attendance for coaching .couerdelion has nearly 500 posts yet most are bitching and whinging yet he has not been to an rli agm at least for the last 5 years.

To be fair I haven't been to an AGM although I made one meeting a couple of years ago, it might just have been the clubs one in the tullamore hotel though. My contact details are on the RLI website for the club yet not once have I been contacted. I did find out about this years one a week ago. Too late to add anything to the agenda.

It's been great that homegrown players have been given a chance but it isn't a first: Stevie Hibbons, Phil Purdue and Wayne Kerr have all played for Ireland in previous years.

What doesn't seem to matter to the RLI and what will kill RL in Ireland is that without those of us who put in our own time and money year in year out there would be no clubs for the homegrown players to emerge from. As far as I'm concerned all those hours of effort and hundreds of euro give me the right to whinge and bitch as much as I want if I feel that it's being wasted.

Does anyone outside the RLI know what the strategy for the organisation is, or it's 5 year plan? Perhaps the role the development officers are meant to play?
    I don't know the answer and I'm involved with a club. So how does it look to those outside the sport. This isn't or shouldn't be about attending meetings, it's a matter of communication which is the difference between a succesful organisation and a poor one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭MerryWhistleblo

As someone who has been involved at almost every level of the domestic game in Ireland, I am glad to see the level of debate among the contributors to this forum. Be it pitches, personnel, support from the governing body,season structure,etc... the exchange of views are proof of the concern that exists for the 'greatest game' in Ireland. However, if you are involved in a club playing rugby league in Ireland and you want to make a change or correct a wrong that you see ...take your vote and your opinion to the AGM. USE THE DEMOCRACY THAT EXISTS(ONE CLUB ONE VOTE), and make your voice be heard.

As someone who has been involved at almost every level of the domestic game in Ireland, I am glad to see the level of debate among the contributors to this forum. Be it pitches, personnel, support from the governing body,season structure,etc... the exchange of views are proof of the concern that exists for the 'greatest game' in Ireland. However, if you are involved in a club playing rugby league in Ireland and you want to make a change or correct a wrong that you see ...take your vote and your opinion to the AGM. USE THE DEMOCRACY THAT EXISTS(ONE CLUB ONE VOTE), and make your voice be heard.

Ah yeah that'll be the same as the Dail where if you vote for FF you can't criticise them?

What stitch up can we expect tomorrow? A tactical resignation? An internal promotion? Can't you see that most of us outside the 'inner circle' have no interest of putting politics before RL?

Lets be honest, I reckon they're would be great appetite for a break away league whose focus is the clubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Tollie

Ah yeah that'll be the same as the Dail where if you vote for FF you can't criticise them?

What stitch up can we expect tomorrow? A tactical resignation? An internal promotion? Can't you see that most of us outside the 'inner circle' have no interest of putting politics before RL?

Lets be honest, I reckon they're would be great appetite for a break away league whose focus is the clubs!

In practice a break away already exists in that both Ballyfermot 'Destroyers' & Tallaght obtain their insurance direct from the RFL. Ballyfermot have 15 or so players including lads from Tallaght, plus a great location but no pitch & Tallaght are now basically a shell without a home or players.

Neither Ballyfermot or Tallaght played a game in 2010 & more relevently couldn't secure one through the RLI after being promised this would happen!

as far as i know destroyers were formed august 2010 when the rli season ended , so who were they going to play? .are formed by most of tallaght minus ian balsum whose tireless work was not rewarded , he paid most of the rents of pitches out of his own pocket . also a new club in the west was formed last week cant think of their name but was informed by a reliable friend that they are based in ennis co clare and will be competing in the season 2011..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭MerryWhistleblo

What politics do you expect to see at the RLI AGM? Do you believe there are Machievellian motions to ensure that the future of rugby league in Ireland is stunted? Who is tactically resigning..who is internally promoted?

Advertisement