Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certificate in Nursing or VTOS ???

Options
  • 06-09-2010 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi, I have a bit of a dillemma, I am currently on jobseekers allowance for over a year now, I have applied to the vtos at the start of the year as I thought it was best option for me, but recently I saw a course in moate business college for a certificate in Nursing studies. I have always wanted to do Nursing but I never knew of this introductory course....

The problem is I have been accepted on BOTH the vtos & the Nursing course which commence next week 13th of September, I would like to take the Nursing course but there is a fee of around 400e and 90e for registration etc...:mad:

Questions;

1) If I was to take the Nursing course would I lose my social welfare payment?

2) Can I get help with the fees for the Nursing course?

3) Has anybody here ever done the Nursing Studies course that moate business offers?

I am very sorry the thread is all over the place, I am very confused about this and the I only have till thursday to either sign of the dole to take the vtos course or pay the 90e regstration fee to moate business college......

HELP PLEASE :o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 WildCatXX

if your on job seekers and going back to college you might be entitled to the back to education allowance instead. and i know on the nursing studies course i'm starting you can get vtos funding that pays for the fees. ring around and see, i would imagine it would work out

Advertisement