Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A night on the town?

Options
  • 06-09-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

Some of you may have seen the link for The Grown Up Debs Ball before. I'm acquainted with the organizer of this and am attending with Mrs.Goat with a bunch of friends. Tux bought and shoes polished. :)
    It's a night of glamor, an opportunity to dress up and put on the glitz and that makes it perfect for the F&A forum. An F&A Beers Cocktails.

Would any of the forum members like to get together for a night of dress up and dancing? There are already some other Boardsies going along to this.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I'm going to this! Although I still have to buy my ticket... Like I said in the ChatWalk - any excuse to wear that debs dress again! Two of my friends are coming with me, one's going in her debs dress (which is byooooriful) and the other is coming in his tails! AWESOME!

It also makes me feel good being all dressed up for charity. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

That sounds like so much fun! Do you have anymore details on this event Old Goat? I would love an excuse to get into my debs dress again! It should still fit! :)

Edit: duh! SqueakyDuck, read the OP fully and stop getting excited at the thread title!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh wow, I would actually love to go! :) I have four Debs dresses, but this definitely counts as an excuse to buy a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I will also be in attendance. Any excuse to wear a fanceh frock :D

Since it's over 10 years since I last went to a debs, I no longer fit into any of my debs frocks. I have to procure a new one. I have to go shopping! What hardship :D

That sounds like so much fun! Do you have anymore details on this event Old Goat? I would love an excuse to get into my debs dress again! It should still fit! :)

Edit: duh! SqueakyDuck, read the OP fully and stop getting excited at the thread title!
    Novella wrote: »
    Oh wow, I would actually love to go! :) I have four Debs dresses, but this definitely counts as an excuse to buy a new one!

Doooo! We can take it over as our own FAP beers. :p

• Advertisement

fonpokno wrote: »

I've never been to a boardsie meet up! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

quoted just for this.

now i must leave ͠ʘ_͠ʘ

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

F&A purleaaase.
    F&A is couture, 'FAP' is so...lastyear. :cool:

I've never been to a boardsie meet up! :O

Come! They're only scary for the first few mins when you realise you don't know what anyone looks like. :p but as soon as you find us we're lovely!

I may be tipsy at this event. If fact I may be very very drunk. It's the only way Mrs.Goat can get me to shuffle around the floor in some semblance of dancing.
    I wonder if it's too late for me to ask someone else?

Where do I get a corsage? Do most florists make them up and how much notice should I give them. I'd like to get something matched (or at least complementary) to her gown.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I wish I could go soooo much! I expect loads of photos :D

OG, I think you should go down about a week, even two weeks, because you want to match a colour. They may need to order you in something. Bring a sample of the fabric, or even the dress itself. Easier to see the true colour.

You really sure you can't make it Twee? Go on go on go on.
    Go on go on go on go on go on go on go on...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Very close friend's 21st I'm afraid! Really can't miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I'm going to this! Although I still have to buy my ticket... Like I said in the ChatWalk - any excuse to wear that debs dress again! Two of my friends are coming with me, one's going in her debs dress (which is byooooriful) and the other is coming in his tails! AWESOME!

It also makes me feel good being all dressed up for charity. :P

Awww shucks. Your dress is byoooooriful too. :D

Can't wait for this. I'm super excited about reviving the debs dress. It only ever got that one outing. Poor thing. It's been so lonely in my wardrobe for these past few years.

I'm assuming we're all going a bit OTT for this yes? *crosses fingers* :pac:

We do still have to get tickets though. That's probably an important part.

Ok few silly questions.

My beautiful date has gone on her holidays, and she won't be back for 3 weeks. Do tickets sell out quickly or is there always loads to buy before the debs? I also have to wait to get paid before I buy my ticket (damn monthly wage!!)

Where do I get a corsage?

Also are there tables for groups? I was thinking of trying to drag my boyfriend and a few friends along!!!

I'll find out tonight how quickly the tickets are selling and let you know.
    Tables ARE available for groups of 8 (I think) but these will have to be booked ASAP. Not looking good if you have to wait till the end of the month. I'm sure that you'll get a table together anyway. People at events like this are usually accommodating and will swop to make space at tables.

As for corsages, I've been asking about this. I think that you need to get in touch with your local florist ASAP and ask them. Again, if I find out any more I'll post here.

Cheers old goat!

I hope the tickets sell super slow, so there are tickets for when my friend gets back from her hols! I must say it to my friends to see if they would go. It's such a great night for 50e. Night out, drink and dinner! :) YAYYY!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Awww shucks. Your dress is byoooooriful too. :D

Can't wait for this. I'm super excited about reviving the debs dress. It only ever got that one outing. Poor thing. It's been so lonely in my wardrobe for these past few years.

I'm assuming we're all going a bit OTT for this yes? *crosses fingers* :pac:

We do still have to get tickets though. That's probably an important part.

Ooooo, are you two bringing your boyses? I'd love to go to this and it's literally around the corner from my house. Would love to persuade the boy into his tux... *dreamy look*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ticket bought! :D

shellyboo wrote: »
    Ooooo, are you two bringing your boyses? I'd love to go to this and it's literally around the corner from my house. Would love to persuade the boy into his tux... *dreamy look*

Nope. We are going solo. There's no way I could convince the boy to do something like this - it's not his thing at all - so I didn't even try. Fon & I shall be going boy-less. :pac:

• Advertisement

Fon & I shall be going boy-less. :pac:
    My dance card is going to be full! :cool:

Just saw this posted on another thread. (Thanks Whoops...)
    ...just happened to be on Lidl's website looking up their weekly offers and they have hotel promo's again. The Camden Court hotel is only €35 per person sharing for bed and breakfast the night of the ball. If anyone hasn't booked a hotel yet, that's a pretty good deal. And it's only around the corner from the hilton!
    EDIT: Thats €35pp for two nights or €39pp for one night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

This seems like something my parents would be into, I'll try and persuade them to go!

Old Goat any news on how the tickets are selling?

Tickets are still selling. Plenty still available though, feel free to invite any and everyone you know. Phone yer oul school mates and drag them along. :)

Stupid college isn't paying my boyfriend until the end of next month! :(
    He won't go now....hope my friend and I can get tickets....GURLS NOITE OOT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I am going and can't wait!!! But I may not have a dressy enough dress :(:(:(

Pembily wrote: »
    I am going and can't wait!!! But I may not have a dressy enough dress :(:(:(
    Then go the opposite direction. Get a hold of the best WorstTaste bridesmaids dress you can find.
    Remember the abominations of dresses from the past Debs dances? Out horrify them. :)

My tickets are purchased! Myself and Futurecrook shall go to the ball!

• Advertisement

My tickets are purchased! Myself and Futurecrook shall go to the ball!

You're like my fairy godmother! :D

Advertisement