Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to become a tree surgeon??

Options
  • 06-09-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All, I really could do with some help. I have a great interest in tree's and forestry and since I was made unemployed in April, I have successfully completed a Coillte course to become a chainsaw operator. What I want to know is, how to become a tree surgeon? Any help would be much appreciated..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

http://www.treecareireland.com/

I cant personally recommend them as I have never dealt with them. As far as I know, they are some of the only people providing training in Ireland.

Tree surgery* is just the actual physical climbing of trees and taking them down.

*Technically a tree surgeon is someone with a degree in arboriculture. The UK is the nearest offering degrees in this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arboriculture

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

ray.red wrote: »
    Hi All, I really could do with some help. I have a great interest in tree's and forestry and since I was made unemployed in April, I have successfully completed a Coillte course to become a chainsaw operator. What I want to know is, how to become a tree surgeon? Any help would be much appreciated..

Providing the qualification from Coillte is NPTC City & Guilds CS30/31 then the next step would to get some aerial qualifications.
    Tree Climbing & Aerial Rescue (CS38) and Chainsaw from a Rope & Harness (CS39) are the basic courses.
    This would be a good starting point to becoming a tree surgeon.
    After that some practical experience with a good tree company to help develop your skills.

Advertisement