Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Institute of Design

Options
  • 06-09-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Has anyone done any courses in DID, I'm interested in the Interior Design course, part time.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Hi, I did the Interior Design Foundation Course years ago there. It was a 2 hour class (I think) for about 8 weeks. It was expensive enough but the notes and lectures were really good.

Since then I got a degree in Interior Architecture from an IT so I have no idea what a degree from DID is like. It is probably more on the design side whereas my degree was very technical, with lots of drawings, etc.

I suggest going to an open day and having a look at the student's work and chat to the lecturers etc.

PS After the lectures you are given a bit of homework to do and this really cements the knowledge that you've gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

Tks a mill for the info. Goin to head to their open day next week and check it out. Not doing any course til next year but trying to get a feel for it now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dr_Herringbone

I'm thinking about doing their part time graphic design diploma. Does anyone here have experience of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭xxzaraxx

Heya I am interested in doing the associate diploma in interior design in Feb.. Is it worthwhile doing? Also I was wondering if there is any social side to doing this course? I am currently in UCD and it is just too hard to get to know people on my course as there is around 1500 doing the same course as me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 papercup

i hear the classes are quite good, and very friendly, probably best to call in and talk to one of the lecturers though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kundzedzen

there will be two open days in DID in January: Thursday 13th and Thursday 20th 2pm-7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Looks great! My girlfriend is looking to do a course in Graphic Design, and these guys offer a choice of 1 or 2 year courses, and full or part time, so that's kinda cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Judy_Chen

Hello, I am thinking of take a part-time Interior Architecture course in Dublin. Could I know where did you get this degree please?

Hi, I did the Interior Design Foundation Course years ago there. It was a 2 hour class (I think) for about 8 weeks. It was expensive enough but the notes and lectures were really good.

Since then I got a degree in Interior Architecture from an IT so I have no idea what a degree from DID is like. It is probably more on the design side whereas my degree was very technical, with lots of drawings, etc.

I suggest going to an open day and having a look at the student's work and chat to the lecturers etc.

PS After the lectures you are given a bit of homework to do and this really cements the knowledge that you've gained.

Advertisement