Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to the Monaco GP?

Options
  • 06-09-2010 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know it's ages away, but I'm half thinking of going to the Monaco grand prix next year.

Looking for advice on whether to book flights, hotel, tickets, etc separately or better off getting a package with a tour operator?

I'd imagine staying in Monaco isn't going to be an option, so is it best to stay in somewhere like Cannes, Antibes, etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭LevelSpirit

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I know it's ages away, but I'm half thinking of going to the Monaco grand prix next year.

Looking for advice on whether to book flights, hotel, tickets, etc separately or better off getting a package with a tour operator?

I'd imagine staying in Monaco isn't going to be an option, so is it best to stay in somewhere like Cannes, Antibes, etc?

Packages are handier than doing it yourself. Everything is organized for you.
    Probably stay in Nice and you'll be bused to the GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Darwin

If you want to do things on a budget, fly out with Ryanair and stay in the Etap Hotel in Nice (its one street back from the Promenade facing the hospital). Its about 60 euro or so for the room with a small supplement for additional guests. The hotel is basic but most importantly clean and you can get the number 23 bus to the train station. Hope that helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Thanks for all the advice lads.

Carlton Hotel in Cannes and flights to Nice booked :)

All I need now is tickets - anyone know when they usually go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Ficus wrote: »
    Yep, been there. Dont do the package holiday thing, you end up in terrible accommodation 100 miles away. Best book it all yourself, especially if you are doing it this far in advance, should be reasonable enough.

What tickets did you go for?

I believe the general admission ones are up in the hills over looking the city!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 taquilla

I was there last three of GP's '2008 '2009 '2010
    I was lucky enough to get Fernando Alonso autograph.tongue.gif
    The best is to fly to somewhere in north Italy ie. Milan, Bergamo, Genova and hire a car - flight and car hire much, much cheaper then to/in France on time of GP. The best to stay is in Antibes - my opinion.
    Cheap hotels in Nice are: http://www.hotelformule1.com (not kidding :) ), but have to be booked a looooong time in advance.

The best way to get pr./q/race tickets is directly from race official organiser which in this case is: Automobile Club de Monaco and their webpage is: http://www.acm.mc

You can buy the ticket on-line and collect them in their office (200m from circuit) before venue. The places You call "general admission" in Monaco signed are as places in SECTOR ROCHEUR, were for 40€ for the Sunday race.
    To get to race is the best to by train from any station along the coast.

Hope to see You next year in Monaco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cbenson

I wasn't planning on going to Monaco next year, but you guys have done a good job of selling it to me. Might just see you there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Got an email today to say that tickets are now on sale.

http://www.bookf1.com/monaco-formula-1-grand-prix-155/tickets.htm

I don't have a clue where to go for! :S

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Sorry for going slightly off topic, I'm thinking of going to silverstone next year. They sell three day tickets, for a reasonable price. But i thought i read somewhere about a pitwalk on thursdays. Is this on every track and do you have to buy tickets for that as well? maybe the more experienced circuit goers could answer this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 taquilla

Usually it's free of charge for race ticket holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

A lot of people in the reviews say to avoid buying tickets in advance unless you are buying the expensive ones, this way you can buy
    "restaurant promotional and balcony view tickets an hour before the race at a knock down price." Seems risky but the cheap stands sound like a nightmare..

• Advertisement
Advertisement