Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non SJAI member showjumping?

Options
  • 06-09-2010 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any place in the dublin area who does small showjumping leagues, mini/midi/maxi, etc where you do not have to be a SJAI member to take part?

As I am considerably broke, I am unable to get myself and my mare registered with SJAI, and yet I still want to get her out. She has been to kill showjumping as a newcommer with a SJAI member. It just seems that the likes of Kill, Coilog, etc, you have to be a member to jump.

At this point, even if a yard were to do a course for the craic I'd take my mare, it just seems impossible for me to find anywhere to get her out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Kilronan equestrian do jumping on thursday nights. Look them up on facebook or their website

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

http://www.killossery.ie/
    They always do mini/midi/maxi on Friday nights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Thanks! I'm going to make a list of yard in the area and call around as well to see what each yard does!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭XxAshlingxX

This may or may not be helpful :confused:

But the sji offer half fees from sept - dec for horse and rider

So Horse owner and rider ( Both normal & amiture ) will Cost 52.50 and not 105.00

and horse reg will cost

52.50 Horse grade A /B/ C

32.50 GRADE D/E

27. 50 4 yr old !!

Hope this helps :) :cool:

Sorry about spelling !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭XxAshlingxX

You may jump sjai on temp tickets that cost around 5e i think but u cant gt points !!
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You may jump sjai on temp tickets that cost around 5e i think but u cant gt points !!
    :rolleyes:

She's been jumped newcommers with a SJAI member - was planning on getting registered for winter season but unfortunatly cannot even afford the half price membership! :( Hard times haha, why I'm looking for non SJAI events.

I think the temp tickets only work for certain shows, I've asked, I can jump her newcommers, but problem is I'm 20 and she's 15.1hh, so It would have to be with horses, so I don't want my mare jumping 90s/1metres before she's ready. So I'm going to stick with the 14 year old who jumps her for €25 and over the 50s/60s/70s!

It's not about points with her, I'm not looking to sell on, I just think it's a waste of a mare who absolutly throws her heart and soul into jumping (she loves it!) not to jump her!

I've been in contact with a few local yards, I'll be notified with a text with upcomming local shows!

(I wonder If I can pass myself as 16 and herself as 14.2 and do newcommers ....)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

(I wonder If I can pass myself as 16

If you look relatively young, it would be surprising what you could do! :D
    and herself as 14.2 and do newcommers ....)

If it was unregistered jumping there probably wouldn't be an issue as no points were at stake and it wasn't under SJI rules. It'd also depend on the judge and whether or not somebody challenged your 'pony's' height. That said, I've seem some very big ponies jumping in registered SJI competitions. They were bigger than my 15hh mare who I was jumping in registered horse competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

you dont have to be registered to jump in kill/coilog/boswell etc -they do sportsmans leagues and as well as that im in the same situation as your self at the mo and dont really want to shell out for membership but i jump on a temporary ticket when i go - costs more (€25 per round) and you dont get points but you get the practice of jumping the registered heights/courses for when you do actually get yourself registered!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

"I think the temp tickets only work for certain shows, I've asked, I can jump her newcommers, but problem is I'm 20 and she's 15.1hh, so It would have to be with horses, so I don't want my mare jumping 90s/1metres before she's ready. So I'm going to stick with the 14 year old who jumps her for €25 and over the 50s/60s/70s!"

sorry you might be right about the temp tickets, ive never had a problem though, but the sportsmans are on on sundays in boswell starting with crosspoles on the floor and upwards, was there this morning!

"I think the temp tickets only work for certain shows, I've asked, I can jump her newcommers, but problem is I'm 20 and she's 15.1hh, so It would have to be with horses, so I don't want my mare jumping 90s/1metres before she's ready. So I'm going to stick with the 14 year old who jumps her for €25 and over the 50s/60s/70s!"

sorry you might be right about the temp tickets, ive never had a problem though, but the sportsmans are on on sundays in boswell starting with crosspoles on the floor and upwards, was there this morning!

I'll look into that actually! I've asked around and a few places local to me are doing mini/midi/maxis, and such over the winter, would love to get her to places that are more 'professional' however, to get her used to fillers and such, I'm also going to take her to Coilog for my lessons rather than just ride at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mothoin

Dunbyrne stud have a show on the 26th of september, just saw on facebook, can link to it from work computer, but the have classes in show jumping from 70cms upwards, and have dressage in the morning for combined training

Advertisement