Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightupandshoot - 2 day workshop 25/26th Sept

Options
  • 06-09-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey guys

I am trying to help organise for the guys from lightupandshoot to come over to Ireland. We have 5 people interested on the Dublin Strobist flickr group and we are looking for a further 5 minimum. This is a first come first serve basis.

If you are interested in off camera flash - Strobist photography this may be of interest to you . Please have a look at the guys website below

http://lightenupandshoot.net/

If we can get 10-15 people to say yes the guys will come over on the 25/26th Sept. Costs is 290 euro each for 10 People. Over 10 the price would come down.

I can take expressions of interest or you can check out the thread on Dublin Strobist.

cheers Del

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Jeez, this is a crazy coincidence, but I actually just discovered these guys last night on youtube, then bought their v-book just a few minutes ago (it's still downloading), then I come onto boards and see this :D

Yeah, I'd be interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 del420t

Hi gloobag - That is great news we have 6 now.

I have since been speaking to Mikey and

Here's the official eventbrite page for Dublin which shows all the information about the workshop and how to secure your slot. As always we 100% guarantee a refund after the first day if you aren't happy:

lightenupandshootdublin.eventbrite.com/

We are looking forward to Dublin!!!! We need to secure at least 10 spots this week so we can book our flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

Hi Del,

Is there a maximum number of places available for this?

I would be interested if the number doesn't much higher than 10.

Eas - 15 is the maximum. we have 7 at the moment with you that would be 8. If you are interested PM me your details. Drop over to Flickr Dublin Strobist to introduce yourself and follow the thread.

cheers Del

EAS we have 10 interested 3 will know by the end of the week. Can you PM me please to let me know if you are a definate?
    cheers

Del

• Advertisement

we are back at 8 people. Is there no Strobist fans out there that would be interested in this workshop? Please PM me. Cheers Del

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

del420t wrote: »
    we are back at 8 people. Is there no Strobist fans out there that would be interested in this workshop? Please PM me. Cheers Del

there are strobist fans on here interested ... but maybe ones that cant afford/justify €300 for a workshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Del, Try over on the photography ireland forum. You might just pick up the last two you need.

cheers for the heads up Oshead

Thanks Oshead - I have just posted there. They guys are coming now but we still have a couple of spaces to fill.

They do offer a 100% money back guarantee after the 1st day if you are not happy and they are bringing over a few free gifts. Westcott Softbox and Black Rapid straps.

Cheers anyhow.

Del

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Hi Del,

Have they confirmed a venue/base in Dublin yet?

We are hopefully having a call this evening to discuss particulars. - These guys are fans of street shooting so it will be in Dublin CC somewhere. If weather is bad we will have a back up location.

Are you interested in attending Ike - if so please register as it is a first come first serve basis. - www.lightenupandshootdublin.eventbrite.com/

I'm interested alright, as I'll be driving up just need to check out the logistics of parking etc

Hi Ike- We can sort something out as there are a number of people in Dublin that are coming. It will be in the city centre for both days I suspect.

If you have any other questions please let me know and if you can register that would be good.
    cheers Del

Will there be models?

Again this will be arranged but if you read there blogs and watch their videos they try to go for inocent bystanders - which is why we are looking for a city location with loads of people.

If weather is bad we will arrange models. Again I will hope to get more info tonight.

Advertisement