Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early release!!

Options
  • 06-09-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for any info on getting my hands on a new release book before the release date. The book in question is the new Ross O' Carroll-Kelly book by Paul Howard. Its due to be released on the 07/10/2010 but I will be on 2 weeks holidays from the 01/10/2010 and really want to have it by then so I can read it while Im away.

Is it possible to get books before there release date, any ideas on how Id go about it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

You could call the publisher and ask if it's possible.
    Check to see if it will be released as an ebook and if it will be released earlier in that format.

That's about all I can think of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭bigsmokewriting

Hi,

I am looking for any info on getting my hands on a new release book before the release date. The book in question is the new Ross O' Carroll-Kelly book by Paul Howard. Its due to be released on the 07/10/2010 but I will be on 2 weeks holidays from the 01/10/2010 and really want to have it by then so I can read it while Im away.

Is it possible to get books before there release date, any ideas on how Id go about it?

Cheers

It's quite possible to find books before their release date - unless a book is huge (the Harry Potter/Twilight type stuff) it won't be embargoed, meaning that if the bookshops have got in the book in (the official release date is usually after this) they may well have it out on the shelves. (The corrollary to that is that they don't have to have put it out by the release date either - but with ROCK they probably will have it ready to go!) If the book's scheduled to be out in October, it's either already printed at this stage or is being printed/bound etc now.

Keep an eye on Amazon as well as the Penguin website - it may well become available before the official release date, books often are. Also ask your local bookshop when they're getting it in, see if they can put a copy aside for you once it comes in. Finally - if you're departing on holidays from the airport, there's a pretty decent chance that they'll have it on the shelves, airport bookshops tend to have books a little bit earlier than regular bookshops.

Advertisement