Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the radio studio any good?

Options
  • 06-09-2010 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

Aye? Starting monday and I'm just wondering is it any good? Like is the equipment in good shape...etc... acoustics.... mics.... are they all upto scratch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Fago! wrote: »
    Aye? Starting monday and I'm just wondering is it any good? Like is the equipment in good shape...etc... acoustics.... mics.... are they all upto scratch?

Are you doing the Higher national diploma in Radio Production?

Anyway the course is very good, im starting second year next week, stic with in the early weeks as its a slow start but it is good...anyway the equipment is fairly standard, they love minidiscs there for some reason even though no on uses them anymore tbh, the studio is in good enough condition and is set up for everrything, and theres another recording one in the back... To be honest you wont be in there that much till after the midterm, and after that its really up to yourself to get in there and work on the desk etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

you wont be in there much its up to you to go in and practice. I would advise getting your own portable recorder too, all the people who left things til the last minute and relied on mini discs and using the studio to record for assignments are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Yeah the two year one. That's good to hear. I'm fairly proficient in studios, can learn new equipment easily. Just wanted to see if it sounded good. Aw jeez i cant bleedin afford a feicin recorder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Fago! wrote: »
    Yeah the two year one. That's good to hear. I'm fairly proficient in studios, can learn new equipment easily. Just wanted to see if it sounded good. Aw jeez i cant bleedin afford a feicin recorder!

You wont need a recrder straight away, onceyor 2-3 monthis in youll need one, try get someone to sit the cost wih you...Anyway yo can get cheap enough ones here: http://www.thomann.de/ie/portable_recorders.html?sid=d2157325a2f6d543256ad4e50533d1f2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

soc160 wrote: »
    You wont need a recrder straight away, onceyor 2-3 monthis in youll need one, try get someone to sit the cost wih you...Anyway yo can get cheap enough ones here: http://www.thomann.de/ie/portable_recorders.html?sid=d2157325a2f6d543256ad4e50533d1f2

Thanks man. I'll have a look at that when I need one in a few months :)

• Advertisement

Yeah you dont need it straight away,but its nice to have a few months warning you need it and a mic to start saving for,i got a nice one off thomann for a treasonable price, if your ever stuck though just gimme a text and you can borrow mine,really handy knowing someone with one when you havent got yours yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jenifer129

Radio is i think a good thing to listen and to pass time. All the radio listeners are very excited of their selected shows to listen.

*mod edit* stop giving unrelated links to your business in posts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Oh the radio studio got some abuse over the summer, I tell thee...

Have a look yourself fago at my "BCFE Studio being F'd in the A" picture gallery on THE FACEBOOK.

36937_410237331692_633731692_4634917_4518460_n.jpg

David McSavage... what an ass...

Ha that pic is brilliant!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Okami_shinobi

Bard wrote: »
    Oh the radio studio got some abuse over the summer, I tell thee...
    David McSavage... what an ass...

+1

won't be sitting in that seat again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement