Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Depot (Coolmine ind. est.)

Options
  • 06-09-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a parcel waiting for me at the An Post depot in coolmine industrial estate. Helpfully, the anpost.ie website and the "sorry we missed you" note has no indication of opening hours for this place.

Anyone knows ? Someone at work told me it opens at 7 but I dont want to take the detour for no reason if it opens at 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Arciphel

It's open 7am to 5pm if memory serves me right. Does it not have a list on the opening hours on the back of the docket? Used to before, but maybe they have changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

Not on this one no, in fact, it was not even indicated by the post where I could pick it up. I know its coolmine due to previous collections though.

Thanks for confirming :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I've always gone down at 7 and they've been open (even when the opening time was 8am on one of the slips I got)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

It's definitely 7am which is handy if you start work at 8 or 9 yourself. Unsure about closing time though but a phone call to them will give you details.Also note that they only keep the parcels onsite for 2 working days and will return to sender if uncollected after that time so important you collect the day after you receive the AnPost note.

ongarboy wrote: »
    It's definitely 7am which is handy if you start work at 8 or 9 yourself. Unsure about closing time though but a phone call to them will give you details.Also note that they only keep the parcels onsite for 2 working days and will return to sender if uncollected after that time so important you collect the day after you receive the AnPost note.

On the last note I had, the timescale before it was returned varied, for Ireland it was a certain no. of days and for international stuff it was a few more. I can't remember exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Definitely 7am yeah, pretty handy but later in the evening would be handier!

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Definitely 7am yeah, pretty handy but later in the evening would be handier!

....and Saturday mornings!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

I can confirm the times here are correct. I have received since 3 packages, which the post didnt seem to bother filling in where to pick up packages.

So unless you know by divine intervention or searching google or here.. well.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've been in and watched a postman post a slip through my door for a parcel that he couldn't deliver. When queried he admitted it wasn't in the van at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

It opens at 7am and closes at 5.30pm. You have three working days in which to collect your letter/parcel. I know that as I have to go down tomorrow to collect a letter from them myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

BostonB wrote: »
    I've been in and watched a postman post a slip through my door for a parcel that he couldn't deliver. When queried he admitted it wasn't in the van at all.
    I've had this happen a few times in the past, but with a change of postman this has stopped.
    noxqs wrote:
    I have a parcel waiting for me at the An Post depot in coolmine industrial estate. Helpfully, the anpost.ie website and the "sorry we missed you" note has no indication of opening hours for this place.
    I wonder why the OP didn't just phone the depot - I think that the very first option is for the opening hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

It opens at 7am and closes at 5.30pm. You have three working days in which to collect your letter/parcel. I know that as I have to go down tomorrow to collect a letter from them myself.

Depends on the parcel and where it came from I think. I collected mine today after 5 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jovianjake

I have to go there too, but I can't find a the location of this depot in a map anywhere. Could any of you who has already been there please paste a link to google maps or similar that I can use to get there myself?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,933 ✭✭✭✭Stark

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It's on the same block as the firestation, recycling centre and then the an post depot the garge is oppsite it. It's on porter's road. Here's the gps cordnates for it stick them into google maps 53.384476,-6.397231.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=53.384476,-6.397231&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=43.983628,68.291016&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

Lack of address information from an post themselves oh the irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jovianjake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.384864,-6.397101&spn=0,0.010504&z=17&layer=c&cbll=53.384855,-6.397242&panoid=8LSjTrPFAjI6IxufxTBsLA&cbp=12,182.86,,0,-0.88

It's changed a little now, but the entrance is still in the same place

edit: I see a few people beat me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Sorry for the bump.
    What are the opening hours of the Coolmine depot?
    Does it still close at 5.30pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

ongarite wrote: »
    Sorry for the bump.
    What are the opening hours of the Coolmine depot?
    Does it still close at 5.30pm?

Just rang a pal who works there for you. They're open till 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Is Coolmine depot open Saturdays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Is Coolmine depot open Saturdays?
    No.
    7-7 Mon-Fri.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Posts concerning old post office moved to historic pics thread

Advertisement