Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The strange case of Pete Doherty and the dead actor.

Options
  • 06-09-2010 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

Just on sky news now

The mother of Mark Blanco claims to have uncovered new evidence that proves her son was murdered at one of Pete Doherty’s parties in 2006. After an altercation with Doherty, the 30-year-old Blanco, ended up on the pavement below the apartment balcony.

Witnesses from neighbouring apartments say they heard shouting before the thud of Blanco’s body hitting the street. Witnesses from the party say that after a row, Doherty, his minder, and the apartment owner Paul Roundhill, disappeared with Blanco and returned without him. Bizarrely the police initially closed the case as a suicide…

On Christmas day Doherty’s minder even showed up at a police station and admitted to the murder but later retracted his statement and was released. Still the police didn’t pursue it. Friends of his even say he continues to boast about the murder to this day.

What makes this case even more sinister is the fact that Blanco was not the first person to die at Doherty’s buddy Paul Roundhill’s apartment. In 2001 Irish musician Paul Cunniffe also ended up dead on the pavement under the balcony. Police didn’t investigate the incident after Roundhill said he couldn’t remember anything…

I hope the mother of Blanco gets some closure. Doherty’s crew are nothing but scum. IMO the guy was killed.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/mother-calls-for-new-probe-into-doherty-party-death_1163851

http://www.justiceformark.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I really wish Pete would wash himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

easyeason3 wrote: »
    I really wish Pete would wash himself.

With acid....face first please!

Can prob merge this with the "Famous people you'd love to hit" thread now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Pete Doherty = Scum.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hello to Conspiracy Theories from AH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

Do you know whats worse than Pete?

The people who:

Like him and his ****ty attempt at music,
    Worship him,
    Defend him, as a great something.

No wonder he does what he does, he gets away with it, and picks up another 1,000 idiots worshiping him,
    I wouldn't like to see him kill himself, cuz...
    it would just turn him into some form of legendary musician thing,
    and in 20 years, kids will be talking about him as if he was some form of genius before his time.
    rather see him dead in the gutter, after ****ting himself with a needle
    hanging out of him, so people would remember him for who he was.
    sry, rant over
    HATE the guy, almost as much as his followers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Degag wrote: »
    Pete Doherty = Scum.

That is all.

I saw him with babyshambles before, better than I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Soveriegn

Not all junkies are scum. Pete is a highly intelligent decent fella who made/makes some stupid mistakes.

I find it hard to believe the guy would admit to the murder through guilt one day to boast about it another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Was Pete Doherty not a creation of the KLF?

http://www.hecklerspray.com/did-the-klf-invent-pete-doherty/20062243.php

The KLF are sure in to their conspiracies and a lot of their stuff is influenced by Robert Anton Wilson and numerology.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Soveriegn wrote: »
    Not all junkies are scum. Pete is a highly intelligent decent fella who made/makes some stupid mistakes.

I find it hard to believe the guy would admit to the murder through guilt one day to boast about it another day.

So spraying somebody with a blood filled syringe is a decent thing to do?

The guy is pure scum.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about this. It seems fairly obvious to me that Mr. Marco was murdered. I have no idea why the police haven't investigated it. I hope his mother gets some justice and closure.

Also, interestingly, and rather sickeningly(whether he is guilty or not) Doherty returned to the scene 4 months later to record a music video for his song called The lost art of murder.

Scumbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

He is the BF of some famous girl right?
    Took me a while to know who everyone was talking about.
    Erm he is a stereo typical drug abuser.Should be in a mental institution until he can handle his addiction and anti-social behaviour.
    There are an amzing amount of psychopaths and mentally ill people even in Ireland dotted about.
    i used to live above one in the north and i have to say he was pretty much the same as this pete doherty guy.
    Alot of people in this country not getting any attention for mental health issues and they are a danger to themselves and others,this should be a reminder of what happens in society when this is allowed to go on ignored.
    Good thread by the way,it definetly looks supicious.

ps Yekahs i had to laugh at your sig.Be it serious or sarcastic its kinda funny( i mean in a light hearted way) :)
    The way we are all influenced by our enviornments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Soveriegn

So spraying somebody with a blood filled syringe is a decent thing to do?

The guy is pure scum.

As I said, stupid mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

easyeason3 wrote: »
    I really wish Pete would top himself.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

biko wrote: »
    Hello to Conspiracy Theories from AH.

S**t lads, they're on to us!! :eek: Everyone scatter and meet up at the place we discussed earlier at the time we usually meet.

<.<
    >.>

*runs like f**k*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

demonspawn wrote: »
    S**t lads, they're on to us!! :eek: Everyone scatter and meet up at the place we discussed earlier at the time we usually meet.

<.<
    >.>

*runs like f**k*

I'm here.... Where is everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

Fixed that for ya. ;)

I think urging someone to kill themselves makes you seem as mentally unstable as some people here are claiming Pete Doherty is.......

And I don't see why people have such a problem with Doherty. If you take your average rock band from the 60's and 70's. They took loads of drugs, committed crimes and generally caused havoc, yet they're look upon with a sort of fondness and admiration.Pete probably isn't half as bad as most of them.....

As for implying that pete had something to do with murdering that guy, seems like bullsh*t. I mean its not like the police have a problem with charging him, why would they just let it go?

dazco wrote: »
    I think urging someone to kill themselves makes you seem as mentally unstable as some people here are claiming Pete Doherty is.......

And I don't see why people have such a problem with Doherty. If you take your average rock band from the 60's and 70's. They took loads of drugs, committed crimes and generally caused havoc, yet they're look upon with a sort of fondness and admiration.Pete probably isn't half as bad as most of them.....

As for implying that pete had something to do with murdering that guy, seems like bullsh*t. I mean its not like the police have a problem with charging him, why would they just let it go?

He's a junkie (not necessarily anything wrong with that) that's been pushed out into the media spotlight and is now a role model for millions of teenage kids. If I had children I'd be furious that he's allowed on television doing what he does, like shooting a syringe filled with red liquid at a cameraman. If I had been that cameraman, I'd be in jail for murder right now, GBH at the very least. That's not internet hardman talk, it's the fuking truth.

My own opinion on him is he's a first class tosser and the world would not be a worse place if he were to meet an untimely end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

is now a role model for millions of teenage kids. If I had children I'd be furious that he's allowed on television doing what he does, like shooting a syringe filled with red liquid at a cameraman. .

Most teenagers wouldn't have the foggiest who he is really.

And you want to censor television too? What's that some sort of league of decency craic? Why don't you just not watch it yourself rather than decide what other people should or shouldn't watch. :rolleyes:

studiorat wrote: »
    Most teenagers wouldn't have the foggiest who he is really.

And you want to censor television too? What's that some sort of league of decency craic? Why don't you just not watch it yourself rather than decide what other people should or shouldn't watch. :rolleyes:

Television should censor itself, but it's used to push this filth into the spotlight so we all get used to the idea of what we'll all be like soon enough. Everyone will be hopped up on one thing or another soon enough. The population is easier to control when it's high as a kite. Go read about Soma and let me know what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

i read the soma link what in gods name is it? im stumped

digme wrote: »
    i read the soma link what in gods name is it? im stumped

Have you ever read "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley? He writes of a drug that all people will take in the future to numb their minds to the reality of their lives and takes them away to a place of warmth and happiness. The drug is called soma.
    "the warm, the richly coloured, the infinitely friendly world of soma-holiday. How kind, how good-looking, how delightfully amusing every one was! " ...

http://www.huxley.net/soma/somaquote.html

Read the book, it'll shock you how accurate it is. It's much like 1984 in a way.

The real drug is a "muscle relaxant" but used for other purposes. I reckon it will be the only legal recreational drug in the future, that's assuming the people in power now are still in power in the future.

Television should censor itself, but it's used to push this filth into the spotlight so we all get used to the idea of what we'll all be like soon enough. Everyone will be hopped up on one thing or another soon enough. The population is easier to control when it's high as a kite. Go read about Soma and let me know what you think.

Yes! It's a Novel. Fiction y'understand?

studiorat wrote: »
    Yes! It's a Novel. Fiction y'understand?

Que? Brave New World was published in 1932. Soma, the actual drug, only came out recently. Is that the point you were trying to make?

Oh, and your sig should really read "new sig needed apply within". Smart arse fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

BornToBe? wrote: »
    Do you know whats worse than Pete?

The people who:

Like [...] his ****ty attempt at music,

HATE the guy, almost as much as his followers!!

I quite like The Libertines first album. Now some people on the internet will hate me. Oh no, what will I do?

I don't really care about him as a person and I think a lot of people are mistaken about his fame and status in the media, in that no one takes him seriously, nor should they. He's just good for selling tabloids.

The real drug is a "muscle relaxant" but used for other purposes. I reckon it will be the only legal recreational drug in the future, that's assuming the people in power now are still in power in the future
    What makes you think this? What do you see going on today that would suggest that this is a likely scenario for the future?

What makes you think this? What do you see going on today that would suggest that this is a likely scenario for the future?
    Soma® is a brand name for the muscle relaxant drug carisoprodol, manufactured and marketed in the United States by Meda Pharmaceuticals. It is used to relieve discomfort associated with painful musculoskeletal conditions such as backache. Soma® is a 'centrally acting spasmolytic', which means that it works by altering communication between the central nervous system (brain & spinal cord) and the nerves that control muscles. In contrast to fictional depictions, Soma® has significant habit-forming potential and sedative side effects; it is therefore available by prescription only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soma#Pharmaceutical_drug

It's like legal heroin. In fact it probably is heroin or synthetic heroin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

It's like legal heroin. In fact it probably is heroin or synthetic heroin.

Oh I know what the drug is, some wrestlers use it as a pain killer and then become addicted.

I mean, what makes you think that it will become the only legal recreational drug in the future? Do you think alcohol will be banned and replaced by Soma?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

It might aswell be, since its more harmfull by far than some of the stuff thats currently band.
    The rules inflicted on society dont make sense so this idea that soma could be allowed when all others not is plausable just not quite proveable or iminent maybe.

It's like legal heroin . In fact it probably is heroin or synthetic heroin.

Complete rubbish! Where the hell did you get the idea to make that up?

Heroin that famous muscle relaxant yeah? Your dealer must be giving you Valium or something if you think Heroin and Soma are remotely alike. :rolleyes:

Soma isn't even a narcotic, it's only useful as a recreational drug if you mix it with something like Vicodin (unavailable here). Mind you Vicodin is recreational mixed with any number of things. I reckon mixing it with Solpadeine would do the trick. They want to ban that too!!

Soma is an Indian Ritual drink described from sanskrit that's where Huxley got the name in his novel. Borroughs used too BTW.
    Coffee is Habit forming ffs.

More scaremongering and censorship, I always wondered who supports the nanny state. Ban everything day is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Don't forget Robyn Whitehead too!

Advertisement