Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please:How do I stop Strobe light flashing outside?

Options
  • 06-09-2010 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi

I wonder could anyone help me. I moved into a house earlier in the year and have never had any issues with my alarm. I was away on holidays last week and when I cam back the strobe light (blue) was flashing on the external bell box. My neighbours tell me that the alarm didnt go off or if it did, they didnt hear it.

I have tried lots of different things from switching off the mains, to setting the alarm off, to doing internal and external bell tests. The alarm is working fine but the strobe light is still flashing. I rang the company and he wasnt much help. Said it would need a call out at €100 so I would obviously like to avoid that if I could!!!

Anyone have any other ideas? I have the engineering code if that helps. The alarm is an Aritech CS 250 model. The manual does not refer to any solutions to this problem.

Any help/comments/suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

meenmara wrote: »
    Hi

I wonder could anyone help me. I moved into a house earlier in the year and have never had any issues with my alarm. I was away on holidays last week and when I cam back the strobe light (blue) was flashing on the external bell box. My neighbours tell me that the alarm didnt go off or if it did, they didnt hear it.

I have tried lots of different things from switching off the mains, to setting the alarm off, to doing internal and external bell tests. The alarm is working fine but the strobe light is still flashing. I rang the company and he wasnt much help. Said it would need a call out at €100 so I would obviously like to avoid that if I could!!!

Anyone have any other ideas? I have the engineering code if that helps. The alarm is an Aritech CS 250 model. The manual does not refer to any solutions to this problem.

Any help/comments/suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Did you try powering the alarm down by disconnecting the mains plus battery, Did you do the tests for the external bell in the diagnostics of the engineering menu ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 meenmara

Thanks. Yes I turned off the mains, but I didnt touch the battery so that might be an option. I have done external and internal bell checks and also deliberately set off the alarm to see if that would knock it off. Nothing works unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You need to determine if the bell is being triggered by the panel or the bell itself. If you are not competent enough to do this then a call out is your only option. Chances are the bell is faulty and will need replacing

Advertisement