Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still haven't heard whether my grant will be accepted

Options
  • 06-09-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hey

This year is my first year applying for a county council grant. They sent me back all my info such as passport etc but no letter confirming whether it was even getting processed. Anybody know if I should be worried or not?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Maniacle

Could be days, months or even the end of college before you hear back from your council. I didnt hear till november and I have a friend who didnt hear anything till the end of the college year (may)
    :/

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maniacle wrote: »
    Could be days, months or even the end of college before you hear back from your council. I didnt hear till november and I have a friend who didnt hear anything till the end of the college year (may)
    :/

Maniacle is right - also the county councils are struggling this year with the grant applications - I would expect it whenever

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement