Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spot of bother!

Options
  • 06-09-2010 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I was about to start my online registration when I realised [dun dun dunnnn] I've misplaced my student number and pin! Obviously this means trouble, but how much trouble? Can I ring the college and get them to re-issue it or do I just have to turn the house upside down looking for it? It's here somewhere but..where??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Give your house another search. If you can't find it, ring the Student Helpdesk:
    What if I don't know my PIN?

Please visit the Student IT Helpdesk in the Boole Basement with your student ID card.

If you are not on Campus you can telephone the Student IT Helpdesk in the Boole Basement on (021) 490 2622. You will be asked for your Date of Birth and your PPS Number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 barahsug

thanks!

Okay I found it! My next spot of bother is paying my fees, if click that I'm getting a bank giro they tell me that it takes 10 working days to process, does that matter when my orientation is on Thursday? Or will I have to pay by card?

barahsug wrote: »
    Okay I found it! My next spot of bother is paying my fees, if click that I'm getting a bank giro they tell me that it takes 10 working days to process, does that matter when my orientation is on Thursday? Or will I have to pay by card?

Nope, that doesn't matter at all. You can wait for the Bank Giro, or pay by card, it's up to you! :)

Nicole you're great, thank you!:D

• Advertisement

It's no bother! I know how stressful it is starting college! Hope it goes well for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tammyme

somewhere on that student guide they sent out it says u need to bring proof (maybe a reciept or something?) that u've paid by giro!

Where does it say that? I rang one of those registration helpdesk numbers and they said it'd be okay..so finger crossed!

i think its in the bit where it tells u what to bring to registration 2. i'll have look there in a min and let u know exactly what it says! although if they say its grand you should b fine!

Check List for Registration Part 2
    The following is a list of documents that you must bring with
    you to orientation and registration:
    1. Confirmation of On-Line Registration (which you must
    print off after completing Registration Part 1)
    2. Birth Certificate (long or short version acceptable).
    Note: only original/certified true copies are accepted
    (a certified true copy is a photocopy of a document that
    has been authenticated by a Solicitor or Garda). Married
    students wishing to register in their married name must
    also bring their Official Marriage Certificate (Registration
    Certificate, not Church Certificate)
    3. Passport, if you wish to register in the name on your
    Passport
    4. PPS Number (available from www.welfare.ie)
    5. Evidence of Fee payment, if fees are paid by Bank Giro
    (Bank Giro receipt)

6. Letter of grant award from your Local Authority/VEC
    (if applicable).

• Advertisement

Oh dear! I suppose I'll ring again tomorrow to double check. ah it'll be grand! Where did that list come from?? I'm such a mess, when i got that envelope full of all the information I just tore it asunder to get to the Success booklet thing,not the greatest idea I must admit as now I'm missing sheets all over the shop!

lol i did the same, its a few pages in on the 'guide to success book'- same on the online version! my orientation is thursday too :) looks like a loooooooong day!

Advertisement