If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there such a thing as a media-playing amp?

Options
  • 06-09-2010 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

By the end of next month (hopefully), we'll be moving into our new home. To celebrate this fact, I'm thinking about upgrading my Onkyo. I've had no problems whatsoever with it, I'm just thinking about taking a big jump into the digital era!

I've got my external bdrom drive ready to start some lossless hd audio/video ripping of my collection, and a few 1tb external hdds for storage.

So what I'm looking for is an amp that has a USB input(s) that can handle lossless hd audio/video from an external source, and can display them unhindered.

I know about NMT's and the like, but an "all-in-one" solution from an amp manufacturer would suit me down to the ground.

So enlightened ones, does such a unit exist, and if so, for how much?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Soarer.

This is not something that I believe exists.....yet !

It may only be a matter of time or it may be something that may never happen.

The A/V companies are usually pretty strict when it comes to copyright etc and Western Digital, Popcorn etc have made their respective devices with what appears to be very little hassle from the movie studios.

The receivers certainly have the ability as they have the video upscaling, HDMI connections and on-screen displays to be able to cope with it. Whoever does it first will probably sell bucket loads of their receivers.

Cheers

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.