Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peadar and Peig?

Options
  • 05-09-2010 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭

Am I cracking up, or do I remember a puppet duo of the above name, going back to some time in the late 80s, early 90s?

Could be from anything from Pajo's Junkyard to Nitehawks, but it was a brief sketch featuring two ancient puppets of a culchie persuasion?

Yer man would ask the wife a question, but he'd preface it with;

"Peig?"

pause

"Yes, Peadar?"

long pause

"Tell me this and tell me no more..."

even longer pause followed by whatever it was he was going to say.

It's a bit vivid to be imaginary, so please tell me I still have some marbles left ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭seekers

I think it was on Pajos Junk box. On one occasion one of the puppets asked how many people were at a hurling match in some year. The other puppet replied with the answer and the other one asked him to name them all. Hes the man who hails from the wesht and he'll know the answer whatever the ceist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

You've just saved me sanity, thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

You've just saved me sanity, thanks for that!
    they were hilarious! they had lovely squishy faces and the puppeteer was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Onthego

Would love to see them again. They were gas along with Kitt & Kaboodle who were two brothers who were not too different to Rodge and Podge. One used to taunt the other to an increasing bodhran solo before hammering the sh*te out of the other with a big club. Hillary us stuff pre pc world. Anyone know where we could see again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

According to some sources on another thread the entire run of Pajos Junkbox was wiped.I really hope this is not true though there arent any clips on Youtube ,I've searched often enough.As it was on in the late 80s there surely must have been plenty of episodes taped by people with video recorders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Clip of pajo here on scratch saturday. Found this searching google video which will also search youtube

https://vimeo.com/46382802

I presume peig is on the left here.

?width=614&version=1818870

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

rubadub wrote: »
    Clip of pajo here on scratch saturday. Found this searching google video which will also search youtube

https://vimeo.com/46382802

I presume peig is on the left here.

?width=614&version=1818870

Yeah thats her.Interesting to see that clip of Pajo,must be the only one online.

Advertisement