Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MewSeek 2.5 Just released for all iOS4 devices, verdict..... It's Awesome!!!!

Options
  • 05-09-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭

So for those of you who don't know MewSeek is a application that lets you download and add music to your iphone

New in version 2.5
    - Stream song instantly to avoid incorrectly labelled content
    - MP3 tag editor
    - iOS4 compatible (including the new iPhone 4, and iPad)

Ive been using programs from this guy since 1.1.2 (Soulseek client, iSlsk) and he really has never failed to impress me

This is about the only application I would pay for, and the licence is tranferabe to other devices. not bad for like $9.99

Well worth a look at the new version

follow twitter feed here @mewseek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

probably best off mentioning that this is on the cydia app store. would have saved me two minutes frantically searching for it on the app store (thought apple reviewers might have gotten lazy) :pac:.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Pay for your music people!!!!

Support starving artists and all that kinda good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

eeloe wrote: »
    Pay for your music people!!!!

Support starving artists and all that kinda good stuff!

support your developers more, you don't even know how much they have done for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

How does one acquire this app?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Very impressive app! Coupled with Shazam and you're in business. As i'm a new user of it can anyone give me some advice about what settings i need to change etc before i hook up to itunes? I know there was some message about setting something to manual before connecting to itunes but of course i didn't jot down the message :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Correct me if I am wrong here, but isn't that P2P software for downloading illegal music?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong here, but isn't that P2P software for downloading illegal music?

No that's what it is alright.

I don't know if there's a legitimate spin that can be put on it, but it's certainly used/usable for the above...

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

MewSeek is not illegal as it is only an interface for a search engine (the DMCA specially protects search engines). MewSeek does not host any of the files on the search results provided. Given that MewSeek does not have control over these search results, the user is solely responsible for what they search/download, and if they don't have the legal rights over this content, then they are the ones who are breaking the 'law'. Exactly the same as if a user chooses to view illegal content over say their safari browser.

Yes, I know it sounds a little cheeky but that's how it works, and how everything in the internet works, otherwise Napster, Kazaa, Soulseek, Emule, BitTorrent and even RapidShare or MegaUpload would have never existed (altough some faced a few legal issues)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

corklad32 wrote: »
    MewSeek is not illegal as it is only an interface for a search engine (the DMCA specially protects search engines). MewSeek does not host any of the files on the search results provided. Given that MewSeek does not have control over these search results, the user is solely responsible for what they search/download, and if they don't have the legal rights over this content, then they are the ones who are breaking the 'law'. Exactly the same as if a user chooses to view illegal content over say their safari browser.

Yes, I know it sounds a little cheeky but that's how it works, and how everything in the internet works, otherwise Napster, Kazaa, Soulseek, Emule, BitTorrent and even RapidShare or MegaUpload would have never existed (altough some faced a few legal issues)

lawyered!!!

Advertisement