Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating in Leeson Street?

Options
  • 05-09-2010 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Did the leaving cert this year, did alright (470) but missed my course by 25 points. I was going to go back to my old school but they insist that if I go back I have to do Maths and Irish (my two worst subjects) and I wont be able to take on any new subjects.

So I am looking into repeating in Leeson Street, but if I go there, I will have to drop Construction (is there any way around that?), which will then mean I will have to take on two or three extra subjects.

So If I go there, the subjects that I am definitely doing are: English, Art, Physics, and French. Im thinking of taking up DCG and Geography. Would they be ones that I could get a1s or a2s in one year? And what would be a good extra subject to do ontop of those, just as a backup. Should I just do Maths again? I got a D1 in Honours.

Here is a list of the subjects> http://www.ioe.ie/fulltime/6th-form-subjects.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

If you did honours, I would suggest doing maths. There are some fantastic maths teachers in the Institute, and you could go up in your maths a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Biology , simple enough subject - biology teachers in the IOE are great as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭irish_man

hey! I'm actually repeating in the IOE as well.
    I'm taking up biology as i need 2 science subjects but i heard that economics is an easy enough subject so score highly in so i would suggest doing that. its supposed to be a very short course and rather predictable.
    Business could also be another option. Its simple but a long course and nearly wouldn't be worth your while but willie murphy is an excellent business teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Box clever here mate: if you have 4 subjects take up Ag. Science and Economics, they're both straightforward and relatively short courses compared to business or biology. I really wouldn't recommend taking up more than 2 new subjects because new subjects require work EVERY day if you want the A1.

Advertisement