Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

froyo 2.2.???

Options
  • 05-09-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

hi all,

i'm currently running 2.1 on the legend with meteor and was wondering does anyone know when it will be released on the phone or should i just be impatient and root my phone?

also for those running 2.2 do you find it much better than 2.1?

cheers for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

^^^^bump

still haven't rooted my phone as i'd prob screw it up and am still on 2.1. has anyone got the updated 2.2 on the legend with meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

AFAIK theres very few if any Froyo roms with Sense for the Legend.
    The only 1s Ive seen when looking for my friend have been vanilla android builds. I assume it will get Froyo from HTC at some stage but HTC wont be in any rush since it wasnt a great selling phone and got dwarfed by the Desire at launch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

thanks UC, i may just read up on it and bite the bullet.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

I've been running Froyo (elelinux 2.0) on my HTC Hero fro the last two weeks with no problems. The interface is much better than Android 2.1 in my opinion.
    Battery lasts around 48 hours on standby.
    The only drawback is the lack of Flash support, as Flash 10 isn't supported by the Hero as far as i know, but you shouldn't have this problem.
    No Sense either but the keyboards been ported into plenty of ROMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I've been running Froyo (elelinux 2.0) on my HTC Hero fro the last two weeks with no problems. The interface is much better than Android 2.1 in my opinion.
    Battery lasts around 48 hours on standby.
    The only drawback is the lack of Flash support, as Flash 10 isn't supported by the Hero as far as i know, but you shouldn't have this problem.
    No Sense either but the keyboards been ported into plenty of ROMs.
    The legends processor wouldnt support it either afaik

• Advertisement
Advertisement